Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2704 (Sleeper & Jumpsuit)

Reviewed by:MsWhatsit

About MsWhatsit
OH USA
Member since: 10/14/04
Posted on:1/20/07 0:43 AM
Last Updated:1/20/07 0:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Joyful_mom said... (12/6/07 8:13 PM) Reply
A simple way to cover the elastic w/o adding bulk is to use some twill tape or ribbon sewn on the inside of the ankle to create a casing for your elastic. Really no added bulk at all. I have two nightgowns made with elastic at the wrists; one exposed and one encased this way. I wear both, but I really do notice the difference.
pterion said... (1/21/07 11:32 AM) Reply
Adorable children and pajamas!
krystalkaes said... (1/21/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Oh my! What cute pjs. And what cute kids.
jessika said... (1/20/07 5:22 PM) Reply
Cute print. I used to love sleepers but my dd is always hot. Your sleepers look better than the print on th pattern.
JDpenelope said... (1/20/07 7:07 AM) Reply
Your cute kids look warm and toasty in their custom-made sleepers. I made my dgd a fleece sleeper like this (can't find the pattern right now -- It might have been the Butterick pattern you referred to). I left off the feet, per the parents' instructions -- This dgd finds them too hot, even in their cold (in wintertime) bedroom. I bought this KS pattern because it's the only one I could find that runs in the larger sizes, as I recall, but I haven't made it yet. (I have another 8 yo dgd.) You mentioned that the zipper could be longer. The parents' showed me a rtw jumpsuit where the zipper didn't end at the crotch, but, instead, jogged over and ran down the leg -- It's easier to put on. But I haven't been adventurous or smart enough to try to alter a pattern to do that.
keelyb1 said... (1/20/07 2:11 AM) Reply
These look very cute and very cosy. I agree about the elastic. I tend to put any elastic on kids clothes inside a casing. I would imagine this could be an easy pattern to use as a costume basis as well.

Sewing Workshop Icon Shirt