Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8124 (Coat)

Reviewed by:clare

About clarestar
Member since: 11/23/03
Posted on:1/20/07 4:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

Miss Fairchild said... (12/2/10 8:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! And your helper is a doll!
BeckyC said... (1/21/07 10:25 AM) Reply
Your coat looks wonderful on you! Great job! Love the picture of you with your DS brought back memories, I use to have to harness my DS too!
fuzzygalore said... (1/21/07 4:13 AM) Reply
This coat looked a bit too fitted to be practical on the pattern envelope, but I'm glad to see it can hold up to the rigors of British weather :-). The style looks really good on you, isn't it satisfying when you finish a project like that and you can enjoy it -everyday- :-)? And I have to say I haven't seen a kiddie-leash like that since my little sister was at that slippery age, it made me laugh remembering that time...
quiltsammon said... (1/21/07 1:48 AM) Reply
I love your coat!!!! It looks way better than the pattern pictures!
Helen near Sydney said... (1/21/07 1:19 AM) Reply
I wish I had a hat like that.
Ody said... (1/20/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! The picture makes me miss England. Such a cute little boy!
Corey said... (1/20/07 10:56 PM) Reply
The coat is gorgeous!
Hilary said... (1/20/07 10:20 PM) Reply
Really, a *GORGEOUS* coat!! Yours is so much better than the pattern pics-and btw, I think your little one is beyond cute! :o)
ladylola said... (1/20/07 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! And the little one is so cute!
Janice C. said... (1/20/07 6:53 PM) Reply
I think that you are going to get a few of us thinking about purple now ! I love your coat - great shape.
suzanrossi said... (1/20/07 6:24 PM) Reply
I'm just thinking I need to go out and buy some PURPLE. Your coat is fantastic. Enjoy!
clare said... (1/20/07 5:35 PM) Reply
Hi Leslie. The pic was taken today in Kirkby Lonsdale. Most of my wardrobe is based around these colours so everything matches. Purple is the new black! Irina, I have 4 purple coats and 3 purple jackets. I don't wear them all though!
Re Becca said... (1/20/07 5:27 PM) Reply
Looks great. I love the purple.
CarolynGM said... (1/20/07 5:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat; I especially like the collar. How many purple coats do you have?
Leslie in Austin said... (1/20/07 5:11 PM) Reply
Fantastic Clare!! The color is terrific and it coordinates very nicely with your handbag. Take some pictures of the lining and the buttonholes so we can share your pride! Showed your photo to my husband and he immediately recognized the area (he lived in Claughton on Brock when he was young). It's lovely there!
LauraTS said... (1/20/07 4:33 PM) Reply
Looks very cute, and you've got an adorable 'accessory' ;)
jnamcd said... (1/20/07 4:07 PM) Reply