Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8107 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Freetime

About Freetime
FL USA
Member since: 10/11/06
Posted on:1/25/07 11:11 AM
Last Updated:1/25/07 11:19 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Kristina C said... (3/30/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Hi-- I saw this pattern in the Vogue on-line catalog and really like the look. I have a similar challenge though as I'm between 10 & 12. I wish they published on the envelope the finished dimensions so I could figure it out. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share what the finished bust, waist & hip dimensions are so I can figure it out better? All they list is the bottom edge circumference which isn't very helpful. I realize this might be a big request...! Thank you!! Kristina
cindy-lou said... (1/30/07 8:36 AM) Reply
Very tailored look-- would be GREAT with a pink boucle for the spring!! I'll put this one in my wishlist!
Ciclista said... (1/26/07 9:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I absoutely agree this pattern has lot of potential. The interfacing/hemming idea will be VERY helpful - again Thanks! for the review.
AnneM said... (1/26/07 2:21 PM) Reply
I still think your dress looks nice and very wearable. It's a great style.
CarolynGM said... (1/26/07 8:44 AM) Reply
Great idea for hemming the flounce. The dress looks quite wearable to me.
ryan's mom said... (1/26/07 8:28 AM) Reply
What an elegant dress--so beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (1/26/07 5:14 AM) Reply
Love the look of this dress. Great suggestion about stitching interfacing to flounce hemline.
KathleenS said... (1/25/07 10:07 PM) Reply
Very elegant.
OP Gal said... (1/25/07 6:34 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. I think the flounce attachment to the dress looks fine despite your problems with it.
FloraNature said... (1/25/07 4:59 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! This pattern looks very useful and will take you through to summer depending on the view and the fabric you make it from - you may be glad you bought 2!
beangirl said... (1/25/07 11:49 AM) Reply
It's a realy cute dress, even with the little pleating issue. (I think you can alter your pleat widths to adjust to the added width of your skirt, but it will require some serious math-- you have to work out how much you added to your dress width and then divide evenly to add tiny amounts to each pleat width. It's fussy, but do-able). Anyway, I love that bias cut version too, so I hope you post up a review when you do that one. This is cute!

Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern