Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3830 (Straight Skirts)

Reviewed by:squilts

About squiltsstar
IA USA
Member since: 1/24/06

Best Patterns of 2012
Posted on:1/23/07 10:02 AM
Last Updated:1/23/07 10:07 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
xstpenguin said... (1/27/07 10:52 AM) Reply
The first thing I thought when I saw this pic was "what a great little suit" then I realised it's a pattern I've got and am thinking about for myself. Then I looked at the jacket more closely and thought, "looks good on her, but she's got a great figure". Another funny thing I was going to make it as a 'wearable' muslin and the fabric I have is turquoise too! Seems to me it's more an 'out of your comfort zone thing' that anything really bad about it. You look great, very smart. Tell the owner of the smurf comment to ..... well you know!
Nancywin said... (1/24/07 11:53 PM) Reply
Your suit looks very smart. I agree that a couple inches shorter would look a little more balanced, but I would definitely wear it the way it is. I"m not sure what the problem with the slit is, but is there any way you could go back in and bind it so that it felt more finished to you? I think the overall appearance is very professional looking.
AnneM said... (1/24/07 7:56 AM) Reply
I like the color of your suit - although it isn't a blend-in kind of color. It looks very nice - it didn't strike me as being a bad length on you (although that might be because you can probably get away with many lengths).
HenriettenDK said... (1/24/07 4:01 AM) Reply
I love it and you have great legs...but it would look ab fab with heels!
Ody said... (1/24/07 3:56 AM) Reply
Honey, if I had a figure like yours I wouldn't worry about wearing straight skirts. You look great!! My vote goes for a couple of inches shorter to help the over all balance, and you do have nice legs. Well, then, several have told you---believe us!
RuthieSews said... (1/23/07 6:45 PM) Reply
your legs look fine to me. Just hem the skirt slightly shorter and you are away!
LBJ said... (1/23/07 6:01 PM) Reply

LBJ said... (1/23/07 6:01 PM) Reply
I don't understand why you don't like the skirt, it's a little long but a couple of inches shorter and it would be fabulous. You look like a " long, tall drink of water."!
j222b said... (1/23/07 1:28 PM) Reply
I think the outfit is fabulous.
nicegirl said... (1/23/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Did you try pinning it up to see if you'd like it with a higher hem? IMO very few people can wear mid-calf length skirts and dresses. I look about ten degrees uglier as soon as I put something on in that length. You might find that if you put it at the knee you'll like it.
Nickle said... (1/23/07 11:35 AM) Reply
Your suit looks great on you, very pretty.
Soliel said... (1/23/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Your legs seem fine to me. I know sometimes we just have a personal preference. However, this suit is very feminine and I think it would look very chic with a little heel.

by: Bapower57

You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)