Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:1/24/07 9:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Flybabylocker said... (3/13/07 5:55 PM) Reply
I found the arm holes to be too small, as well. I thought it was a "user error" being so new to sewing. If I made the next size up it would have been too large in every other area. Please tell me how you made the arm hole bigger. Thanks for the great review!
Heatherrique said... (3/12/07 10:35 PM) Reply
Wow! Very cute, Patti B!
EleanorMcCarthy said... (2/6/07 2:09 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks lovely, excellent work. Thanks for the great review, especially for the info on the arm holes. I will keep that in mind when I try this out myself.
Ciclista said... (1/26/07 9:42 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous. I can't believe you used black fusible interfacing - incredible. I'll have to try some of PP's interfacings
cecelia said... (1/26/07 6:44 AM) Reply
I really like this--the style, your back pleat, the colors, everything. I have this pattern and will use your review to help me make it!
carolynw said... (1/25/07 5:53 PM) Reply
It's beautiful Patti - thank you so much for this review. Bought this pattern and have taken it out - put it back without using so many times have lost count. I love your treatment of it and I think this has certainly got me to the point of take out and use!!
AnneM said... (1/25/07 3:36 PM) Reply
Very nice.
Rhoda K said... (1/25/07 9:55 AM) Reply
What an interesting fabric choice for a jacket; just gorgeous. I have this pattern in my wishlist.
cmarie12 said... (1/25/07 9:31 AM) Reply
Patti - the fabric really makes an old favorite shine! It is very pretty!
CarolynGM said... (1/25/07 8:48 AM) Reply
The back pleat is an excellent idea. Looks great in your sheer fabric.
Peggy L said... (1/25/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Patti - this looks greatI had not thought of making this in a sheer.! Beautiful fabric - I love the steel blue idea. I think in warm weather it would be pretty with a tank under it, too so the sleeve would be "see-through".
JDpenelope said... (1/25/07 7:06 AM) Reply
All of your custom touches make this jacket a winner. It turned out beautifully in that fabric. Maybe a steel blue top, as you suggest, would be the ticket to set off your lovely outfit.
Danvillegirl said... (1/25/07 5:31 AM) Reply
Interesting fabric. Looks good, like the back pleat!
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/25/07 1:14 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. The pattern fits you very well and the fabric is lovely.
sew obsessed said... (1/25/07 0:06 AM) Reply
This is so cute. It looks great! I love your choice of fabric and the pleat is a fun and fuctional design element.
Chris Kelly said... (1/24/07 10:53 PM) Reply
I love the fabric!
j222b said... (1/24/07 10:37 PM) Reply
Thanks. You have sewn what I love: a pattern with simple-simple lines paired with an interesting fabric.
Sherril Miller said... (1/24/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Patti, it is beautiful. I love the idea of adding a pleat. I think I'll have to steal that idea. You are fortunate to have found a pattern line that you can work well with.

by: Jemajyng