Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2759 (Twin Set)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/24/07 9:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (2/4/07 7:37 PM) Reply
Great set, Sherril. I am always so glad to see thingsyou make because our shapes are so similar. Have you found the trim/elastics shop on Maple, just north of 9th, under the awning?
SewTwin said... (1/29/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Ther are a few reviewers I know will always have "quality" results, and yours is one!I love the chocolate in this print, very "in".The first pic fooled me, thought it was all one top.This is a definitely a "Traveler" outfit.I really think you should be teaching, instead of "reviewing"?
PixieCat said... (1/27/07 6:31 AM) Reply
You've made such a beautiful twinset! The fabric and trim looks so nice on you. Definitely a TNT.
Ody said... (1/27/07 0:08 AM) Reply
That is great fabric and I love the decorative elastic. I think you look good in the tank top. Something nice to wear to Italy!
Sherril Miller said... (1/25/07 11:46 PM) Reply
Cheryl, I shortened it above the bust 1/2 inch. I think by pulling the elastic some while I serged it on gave me a good fit at the armhome. I pulled more above the bust, sort of like easing in an armhole dart to get it to pull in nicely. It bagged out there before I put on the elastic.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/25/07 11:40 PM) Reply
Sherril, that set looks really nice on you. What adjustments did you do to the cami? It seems to fit perfectly around the armholes.
mClones said... (1/25/07 3:37 PM) Reply
Sherril, you look great. The trim is a smart touch and the fit of your tops and pants are enviable! Did I forget to mention the print -- fab!
Tany said... (1/25/07 3:37 PM) Reply
Very cute!!
AnneM said... (1/25/07 3:35 PM) Reply
Wow. Great outfit. I also like the elastic trim.
blue mooney said... (1/25/07 1:06 PM) Reply
Sherril, you look super! Nice twinset and nice styling, too!
Debbie Cook said... (1/25/07 12:13 PM) Reply
I *love* this Sherril!! The style and print are very flattering on you. This one definitely goes into your TNT file.
Mini said... (1/25/07 11:34 AM) Reply
That whole ensemble looks great. Adding the extra length really gives the cardigan and shell a good proportion with the Burda pants.
Sherril Miller said... (1/25/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I live near the Los Angeles garment district, but unfortunately when I was there two weeks ago on a Sunday, I found out my trim store is closed on that day. So I'll be going again in a couple of weeks. The pants are my TNT OOP pattern Burda 2569. I've made them about a dozen times. I love the way they fit.
farqs said... (1/25/07 9:47 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in this outfit!
Marji said... (1/25/07 9:42 AM) Reply
Sherril, this really looks nice on you. you might also try MJTrim in NY for elastics. BTW, did you make those pants? Nice fit on the pant, they hang v well.
CarolynGM said... (1/25/07 8:38 AM) Reply
Wonderful fit. Great choices on fabric and trim.
BjP said... (1/25/07 8:08 AM) Reply
Great twin set, Sherril! You look wonderful in that color/fabric. I'm working on this twin set right now and hope to have the same fabulous results as you! THanks for the elastic trim idea!
Peggy L said... (1/25/07 7:24 AM) Reply
Sherril - great fit on this. Love your fabric and trim.
JDpenelope said... (1/25/07 7:10 AM) Reply
This is an inspirational review. You've made this simple pattern special and it is very becoming on you. Like the others, I love that elastic. Is it the fold over kind?
fuzzygalore said... (1/25/07 6:43 AM) Reply
Wow, great outfit! The fabric, the elastic, the necklace... It's all perfect :-)!
BillieJean said... (1/25/07 5:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! Love that fabric. Billie
Danvillegirl said... (1/25/07 5:20 AM) Reply
I like the elastic treatment.
Vonnevo said... (1/25/07 4:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous Sherril !! The lovely fabric, trim and accessories all combine to give a very nice outfit.
Helen near Sydney said... (1/25/07 4:13 AM) Reply
PS. I wouldn't worry about wearing the cami by itself, it looks fantastic.
Helen near Sydney said... (1/25/07 4:11 AM) Reply
Sherril, you've given this twin set a really funky, modern look with the beautiful paisley colours and decorative elastic. This was already on my Wishlist, now I'm going to make it!
pterion said... (1/25/07 0:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! The fabric is really lovely for this pattern. You look terrific in this outfit.
Linda G said... (1/25/07 0:24 AM) Reply
very professional looking twin set
KarenP said... (1/25/07 0:00 AM) Reply
Very nice! I love the elastic. Like Becky, I didn't even notice the two elastics were different until you pointed it out.
Leslie in Austin said... (1/24/07 11:26 PM) Reply
This looks so fantastic, Sherril! Great print, great fit, lovely trim. If you're looking for more fun elastics, dig out the # for Daytona Trimmings in NYC. They have *miles* of interesting elastic trims!
Sherril Miller said... (1/24/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Glad I could help, Patti. ;D
Patti B said... (1/24/07 11:00 PM) Reply
Sherril, this is a great ensemble; I love the fabric and the way it looks on you. Now you've done it since I own this pattern and have never sewn it up; it'll have to move up the list.
luvzdogz said... (1/24/07 10:33 PM) Reply
Boy you really pulled this one together! Great choice of fabric, pattern and dec elastic to finish it off. An A+
Em's Summer said... (1/24/07 10:23 PM) Reply
That's soo cute! It looks artsy, especially with your accessories. I was going on a pattern diet, but I think I'm going to have to put it off until I get this pattern! :-)
BeckyC said... (1/24/07 10:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful twin set on you Sherril! The fabric and decorative elastic are awesome together! The elastics are so close I couldn't tell on first look at the picture that they weren't the same. You've sold me on this pattern!

by: FreyaStark