Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Patrones Magazine> #249 n72 (Blusa Nara Camicie)

Reviewed by:Tany

Last Updated:1/28/07 7:58 AM
zora said... (2/2/07 6:12 PM) Reply
Love the blouse!
Tany said... (1/29/07 4:13 AM) Reply
Thanks to all! You are very kind!
Patzee said... (1/29/07 3:51 AM) Reply
Your review are wonderful. So inspiring.
AliceB said... (1/28/07 5:07 PM) Reply
Tany, I now look forward to your reviews for excellent information in addition to beautifully constructed garments.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/28/07 2:16 PM) Reply
Fantastic blouse! I got this issue of Patrones with Phyllis and Gigi, and I think this will be the next garment I make. Thanks for an excellent review.
Chimene said... (1/28/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. I love the color! You are inspiring! I just received the Dec patrones issue from Stoffart and plan on doing something from it. You have helped me get excited about trying some of their designs. I am trying to refresh my spanish! As a spanish major we don't learn sewing terms! But I love all of your projects. Your reviews are very helpful! Keep up the great work!!!!
Tany said... (1/28/07 11:41 AM) Reply
PhyllisC: I thank you so much for your suggestions! I'm having trouble finding all sorts of sewing notions around where I live (Aveiro, Portugal). Using Rigilene boning would have been the perfect solution (not having the proper metal inset, I mean). It would have to be secured on both ends to keep the gathering effect but it would do the trick! When you finish your Nara Camicie blouse, I would be most interested in seeing the result! Iím sure it will be as lovely and perfect as all your creations!
PhyllisC said... (1/28/07 10:23 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review! This blouse is on my list for spring. I was in NYC last week, and I picked up this Patrones issue. We also found a source for the metal insert - Pacific Trimming Inc at 218 West 38th street has both V-shaped (2 inches long) and U-shaped (1.75 inches long) metal inserts for about $2 each. The phone number is 212-279-9310. However, I think if that's not an option, you could also use elastic or 2 pieces of Rigilene boning.
BeckyC said... (1/28/07 10:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
Stacy Sews said... (1/28/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Such a stunning blouse and beautiful sewing.
Tany said... (1/28/07 9:02 AM) Reply
Sewinfiend: Yes, I think I will. I just have to undo the knot and pull the covered wire out to take it off :)
sewinfiend said... (1/28/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse! You did a wonderful job. I had seen this -- and had thought about making it -- but the U-shaped device had me perplexed. I had seen such a thing in RTW, but not available to the home-sewer. Yours is a very good idea. Will you remove it before cleaning?

by: MayenDesig...