Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4063 (Stuffed Dragon)

Reviewed by:Tatterdemalion

About Tatterdemalion
Member since: 1/22/07
Posted on:1/28/07 8:18 PM
Last Updated:1/28/07 8:22 PM

See other patterns in this category: Crafts
mabel maynard said... (6/10/13 4:37 PM) Reply
so glad i read this I am making it now and you have saved me some trouble ( not quick enough tho) will change the wings and check out the legs etc. before going further glad you were there for me
auntmaymay said... (3/15/10 10:27 AM) Reply
just ordered a copy of this pattern I found on Etsy....thanks for your help BEFORE I got it!
susteph said... (12/20/08 2:39 PM) Reply
i just got to making the wings on this pattern, and i'm glad i read it before i made them. i plan on doing what you did on the wings, instead of the lame, lame, lame wing instructions in the pattern. i thought they seemed odd, to say the least. thank you!
Mandolin82 said... (1/19/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Now I want a dragon. Thanks for the very complete, helpful and funny review.
LaurieEm said... (2/14/07 2:38 PM) Reply
Great Review! I just finished a dragon from a small pattern company and posted it. Before I did, I came here. I wish I'd read your review before making mine, though it came out okay. The pattern I used is called Tail Waggin Dragon by Pattis dolls. I'd like to know what you think.
krystalkaes said... (2/7/07 5:43 PM) Reply
Thank you for the very thorough and entertaining review. I had actually planned to buy this one for my son who loves to sew but I will look elsewhere (then again how many dragon patterns are out there?) and I do want one of your dragon creations! I love it!
mastdenman said... (1/29/07 9:38 AM) Reply
How cute. I love dragons. You've made a fabric sculpture.
Luckylibbet said... (1/29/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Your dragon would not have a belly button - as he is the bird type and hatched from egg. But at least he could scratch it if he had it! Thanks for the fun review, and it was very helpful if I ever decide I must have one.
Tatterdemalion said... (1/29/07 7:13 AM) Reply
Thanks, guys. He did love it (turned seven in November, and I finished it about an hour before he opened it). I'm hoping for to make another in March, and another in May.
VelmaRooster said... (1/29/07 0:29 AM) Reply
Your dragon looks much better than the one one the pattern envelope! Thanks for the entertaining review!
khurtdvm said... (1/28/07 11:40 PM) Reply
My hat is off to you! Your dragon looks cool, though I'm with you in being singularly unimpressed by the pattern's "dragon."
pterion said... (1/28/07 9:32 PM) Reply
Wow, this is sculpture! A very impressive piece of work from a not-so-hot pattern. Nice job, I'm sure your almost-7-yr-old with love it.
bheath said... (1/28/07 9:31 PM) Reply
FABULOUS review and a fabulous Dragon. He's very cute!
Linda E. said... (1/28/07 9:02 PM) Reply
Very informative review.. I am not sure I would tackle this pattern like you did. The little dragon turned out very good sorry you had such a time with it.
SexiSadi said... (1/28/07 8:40 PM) Reply
Oh man! That is the funniest review I have ever read! lol I'm sorry the lil dragonlet was so tough to come by. He is really cute though!

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-111