Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8151 (Today's Fit)

Reviewed by:PVA

About PVAstar
OR USA
Member since: 3/28/04
Posted on:1/29/07 5:01 PM
Last Updated:1/29/07 5:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Jennifer shaw said... (1/31/07 0:44 AM) Reply
It sounds wonderful, Pat. Thanks for a really helpful review. Hope to see you in your lovely new top!
AnneM said... (1/30/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Congrats on your top! This particular view in this pattern seems to work well for many people.
PVA said... (1/29/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Sherril, I certainly am considering the wrap version. Carol asked if I did a FBA. No, I'm definitely *Not* a candidate for the FBA in any pattern. (LOL) Just the opposite! For that reason I hesitate to make the wrap version -- I'm not sure that style works for those of us who belong in the IBTC! (8^D)
said... (1/29/07 7:32 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your review. I've been really curious about the Today's Fit patterns and after reading your review, I will have to give this one a try. Can't wait to see the picture. Tell your DIL that she should have your son take care of you first so that one day when the shoe is on the other foot, her kids will put her first :).
BjP said... (1/29/07 6:56 PM) Reply
Great review, Pat, and hope to see a picture sometime. I need to try this pattern, too!
Sherril Miller said... (1/29/07 6:52 PM) Reply
Good lesson about reading though the instructions. I didn't know she added extra on the side seams. I must have needed though, because I didn't notice at all any excess. After the discussion on the boards, I decided to make up the wrap version too. Are you?
CarolynGM said... (1/29/07 6:17 PM) Reply
Pat -- nice to see a review from you! I anxiously await the picture.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/29/07 5:14 PM) Reply
I can hardly wait to see a picture. This sounds wonderful.
Learn To Sew said... (1/29/07 5:11 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see the picture. I enjoyed your instructions. I guess you like the shirt. I will have to try something like this. Did you have to do an FBA as well as the forward shoulder? Carol

More Knits