Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 15100-1001 (Land's End Knit Shirt)

Reviewed by:PixieCat

About PixieCatstar
Member since: 5/5/04
Posted on:2/1/07 10:52 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

fuzzygalore said... (2/4/07 6:36 AM) Reply
What a good idea.. I like their boat neck too, doesn't slide around and show straps like most Burdas. I could just copy that onto my 't-shirt-from sloper' body and get the benefit of the neck without the hassles of reproducing the less-good body and indifferent sleeve.. Plus I wouldn't have to contemplate the sorry excuses for color that Lands End offer, especially in my size :-).
ryan's mom said... (2/3/07 7:19 AM) Reply
Very nice! The fit looks great too.
OP Gal said... (2/1/07 8:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed instructions on how you duplicated the shirt. It looks great! I have a favorite Liz Claiborne T I've been meaning to copy. You've given me courage.
Rhoda K said... (2/1/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Great job and good looking. I, too, am a lover of Lands End shirts.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/1/07 5:57 PM) Reply
Oh Pixiecat - what a great top. You can now make one in every color. Cool
carolynw said... (2/1/07 3:35 PM) Reply
This is really nice - I love Land's Ends tops and about everythign else and never thought of copying - except that they made a pair of "custom fit" khakis for me and I am certainly going to trace that off - fits like a glove!!
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/1/07 2:12 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. Did you compare your pattern with the Kwik Sew one you just made to see what the differences are?
greenmommie said... (2/1/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Love the shirt. I'm a big fan of land's end shirts. I can't seem to wear them out. Your fit looks great. Congrats!
PixieCat said... (2/1/07 11:38 AM) Reply
kkkaty - you've got it exactly on how I traced the sleeve. For the binding, I measured the entire neck edge at the seam line by holding my tape measure on edge so it could curve. Then I deducted 2" from that amount, then added back 1/2" for the 1/4" seam allowances. I did cut it from the width of the fabric so it had stretch. HTH!
Peggy L said... (2/1/07 11:33 AM) Reply
Looks great - sounds like you have a good TNT pattern now.
kkkkaty said... (2/1/07 11:17 AM) Reply
Great idea! I have a similar boat neck that I love, so perhaps I'll try this. two questions... on the sleeve, I think what you are saying is that you first cut one half of the sleeve pattern by tracing the profile of the lengthwise folded sleeve, and then traced the other half by folding it over (or flopping it over); is that correct? On the neck edge, how did you determine the length of the binding you cut (identical to the neck edge on the original?), and is it cut on a straight grain? I am a total novice at sewing with knits, so perhaps that's obvious to someone with more skill than I have... thanks!

by: NVK