Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3032 (Skirt with Flounce)

Viewed 2007 times
Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:12/19/02 5:39 PM
Last Updated:2/23/04 0:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Formalwear    Suits / Separates    Skirts
sailonsilvergirl said... (2/23/04 7:53 PM) Reply
Both versions very nice! I have this pattern in my wish list and after the recent reviews, must get it!
SouthernStitch said... (2/23/04 1:12 PM) Reply
Very nice top -- and I enjoyed reading the original review as well. The cranberry slinky is TDF. Really appreciate the slinky/armscye tip!
Jackie M said... (2/23/04 6:59 AM) Reply
Ann, we must have similar tastes in fabric -- you buy a lot of the same onionskin I do from EOS ... love your top! I just reviewed this top in onionskin this weekend as well.
jlg said... (2/23/04 5:12 AM) Reply
Ann, your tops are very pretty. Somehow I missed this review the first time around; the cranberry outfit looks great on you.
Ann Smith said... (1/18/03 2:06 PM) Reply
Diane, the KS skirt has a deeper flounce. I think the sizing is smaller also as it is designed for knits and the LH for wovens. I used a small in both. The LH has plenty of ease.
Diane E said... (1/18/03 1:18 PM) Reply
Hi Ann, this outfit is lovely! Thanks for your slinky tips, too. I have this pattern and can't wait to make it with your PR encouragement. One question: in your experience, how does this skirt differ from the LH Swing Skirt?
Everyday Sewist said... (12/29/02 10:01 PM) Reply
Yes. This pattern is a winner! I just wore mine today (cowl top, with added sleeves) for a family photo. When I first made it, I complained in my review about the close, short fit. But after wearing it for a day, I decided it looks best that way. I plan to make more. :)
Deepika said... (12/21/02 2:39 AM) Reply
Ann, lovely outfit. This pattern is definitely a winner!
cindyann said... (12/20/02 3:26 PM) Reply
What a pretty outfit. I love the skirt and the way it just flows on you. Thanks for the tips.
http mom said... (12/20/02 2:53 PM) Reply
Ann, I just love to see your pictures...you always have such a happy expression! It makes me feel good just seeing such a happy lady. You really enjoy the craft and it shows!
Gigi Louis said... (12/20/02 1:56 PM) Reply
Ann - your outfit is stunning on you, it really shows off your great figure. I hope Maria Hatfield reads your review - she's been wondering about this type of skirt in Slinky.
Marie Hoge said... (12/19/02 8:44 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for writing about your experiences with this pattern and the slinky. I bought some black slinky to make the long skirt, so I am glad this combination works!
Rhonda Noah said... (12/19/02 8:11 PM) Reply
That looks terrific on you! It's definitely your color, and it looks so cool and elegant. Glad your slinky experience went well. I've not tried it yet, but I would if I thought I'd look as good as you do in it!
starlene said... (12/19/02 7:58 PM) Reply
I agree, I like the longer length and the colour looks nice on you.
AnneM said... (12/19/02 6:03 PM) Reply
I also have some black slinky. Interesting idea. Good job tackling this fabric; I have not yet tried, and will have to read all the tips before I do. You had a lot in your review; thanks!
Lou. said... (12/19/02 5:51 PM) Reply
I think this is the first time the longer skirt has been reviewed, and I like it! It look great on you. I have some black slinky that I didn't really know what to do with.....until now!

Self Drafted Pattern 20482-1003