Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7068 (formal gown)

Reviewed by:Huldra

About Huldrastar
SWEDEN
Member since: 1/28/07
Posted on:2/3/07 5:33 AM
Last Updated:2/3/07 5:38 AM
alviana said... (12/29/08 5:58 AM) Reply
how beautiful! u look lovely.
Kitty Couture said... (3/18/07 2:28 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress!!
cathy45 said... (2/7/07 0:17 AM) Reply
Very striking color on your--dress is lovely, the beadwork a really great touch. I, too, thought the gathers on the side a design element--is now.
AnneM said... (2/4/07 1:42 PM) Reply
Lovely. And really nice touch with the beading. As w/ SewVeryTall, I though the bodice "wrinkles" were actually "gathering" that was part of the design.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/4/07 10:32 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning dress. Everything about it looks perfect: you look beautiful in the color and style. The beadwork is so-o-o couture. Thanks for sharing: look forward to seeing many more reviews by you.
Marie-Claude said... (2/4/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Your dress looks stunning, the color is wonderful on you. I used the pattern as a base for my friend's wedding dress and I confirm that the ease is a bit much. I had to make adjustments following the muslin and even then, with the weight of the dress (see my review for a picture of the dress) it kept sliding down... :-( Nevertheless, you did a great job, congratulations!!!
KathleenS said... (2/3/07 7:58 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress which really suits you. The embroidery is lovely.
Chris Kelly said... (2/3/07 7:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!!!
LiZ said... (2/3/07 7:10 PM) Reply
A beautiful wedding dress.
ryan's mom said... (2/3/07 6:30 PM) Reply
Elegant and gorgeous!!! What more can I say? :) !
hongkongshopper said... (2/3/07 5:19 PM) Reply
The dress is absolutely beautiful. You look gorgeous!
Sew4Fun said... (2/3/07 4:56 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous! A beautiful, stunning gown. I love the colour (it's very flattering on you) and your fabric looks every bit as expensive at it was. :)
Sweetsong said... (2/3/07 4:19 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! The color is perfect for you, too.
Erica B. said... (2/3/07 4:12 PM) Reply
very beautiful!
Runrover said... (2/3/07 1:40 PM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous on you; the color, beading and fit are amazing. Looking forward to more reviews from you.
cecelia said... (2/3/07 1:13 PM) Reply
Stunning dress on a beautiful bride. You must have some patience to sew on all those pretty pearls. Best of luck to you!
Modiste Madness said... (2/3/07 11:56 AM) Reply
You look wonddrful. Beautiful color and beadwork.
Tany said... (2/3/07 11:32 AM) Reply
Magnificent dress! I love the color, you look stunning!
krystalkaes said... (2/3/07 11:04 AM) Reply
You look beautiful. I love the beaded embroidery work also. Wow.
Janime said... (2/3/07 11:01 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Both you and the dress. Congrats, and thank you for the wonderful review.
BeckyC said... (2/3/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful dress and bride! Congratulations on your marriage and your dress!
Sherril Miller said... (2/3/07 10:34 AM) Reply
The color is stunning and you look so beautiful. If you can't tell if the wrinkles are a design element or not, then they definitely are!
CarolynGM said... (2/3/07 10:30 AM) Reply
The dress is absolutely stunning on you. I don't think you could have found a color that suits your own coloring better than this one. Congratulations on your wedding, your lovely dress, and your first review on PR!
suzanrossi said... (2/3/07 10:29 AM) Reply
A lovely dress to suit a lovely bride! The pearl embroidery is exquisite.
Stacy Sews said... (2/3/07 10:16 AM) Reply
An absolutely beautiful dress. I thought the wrinkles were a design element too, I wouldn't have known any different!
Mary Stiefer said... (2/3/07 10:08 AM) Reply
How fabulous - the design, the pearl embellishments, etc. You did a wonderful job on this - I congratulate you.
carolynw said... (2/3/07 9:15 AM) Reply
How beautiful is this? What a truly wonderful job you did and like Sew Very Tall I thought the wrinkles were part of the design - it certainly does not detract but adds a certain softness. Many years of happiness!!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/3/07 8:47 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress on a beautiful bride!
cindy-lou said... (2/3/07 8:10 AM) Reply
You are so beautiful and radiant, and so is your dress! What a beautiful wedding. Please save this dress for your children to wear. Great review!
blue mooney said... (2/3/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, and I agree that fabric is really beautiful. Thanks for reviewing - I hope we hear more from you!
Peggy L said... (2/3/07 7:38 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! It is beautiful and you look lovely on your wedding day.
DaniL said... (2/3/07 7:32 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job. I have made this dress for my niece's debutante dress and I agree totally with the fact that it seems too big, I did a lot of taking in and also found that I should have taken it in more directly under the bust, unfortunately I only had one fitting after I sewed it. She was happy but i am pickier.
ladylola said... (2/3/07 7:28 AM) Reply
Just beautiful. I love the beading, it makes it unique.
michellefs622 said... (2/3/07 6:56 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. I love the color and fabric. Good job!
Linda G said... (2/3/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I love the beadwork...was that a pattern or did you do the design yourself.
SewVeryTall said... (2/3/07 5:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful beautiful! I thought the wrinkles in the bodice were a design element. Love the fabric and color too! Congratulations on your first well-written review, Huldra :)

by: sewin