Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5914 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:AnneM

About AnneMstarstar
Member since: 7/30/02
Posted on:2/5/07 8:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
LiZ said... (2/8/07 2:20 PM) Reply
Great skirt, you look all nice and cosy for winter.
Donna H said... (2/7/07 7:04 PM) Reply
Anne, beautiful skirt. Love it !!!
cmarie12 said... (2/7/07 10:08 AM) Reply
Ann ~ this is one of my favorite skirt patterns! Love your skirt and that you had such a great result with it. Definitely make more!
cecelia said... (2/7/07 8:51 AM) Reply
Ann, you look happy in your new skirt--cute photo, and this pattern looks like a winner. I love the long version (and the purple with it!).
Ody said... (2/7/07 1:43 AM) Reply
I love this skirt and think it looks great on you. Well, maybe the side view is more exciting than the "boring" front view! Who are you kidding--the whole thing looks fabulous!
Mufffet said... (2/6/07 9:39 PM) Reply
This is one groovy skirt! Lovely drape and fit on you and looks like nice fabric.
movac said... (2/6/07 4:06 PM) Reply
Great job Anne. I really like that black skirt. At least your pics turn out the right color :-)
ryan's mom said... (2/6/07 2:12 PM) Reply
I love your skirt! And here's to hoping it doesn't show up as a felted bag--it's too nice for that :) !
Peggy L said... (2/6/07 12:44 PM) Reply
Anne - this looks great on you!
Harriet Rogers said... (2/6/07 10:33 AM) Reply
Anne: this skirt looks terrific on you. Thanks so much for the review: clever use of a woven pattern converted to knit design. I'm tempted to "whip this up", based on your review.
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/6/07 10:10 AM) Reply
Great skirt Anne. It's very flattering and is probably cozy warm.
cindy-lou said... (2/6/07 8:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great, comprehensive review! The extra length really suits you--this si a great boot skirt. I think you would look great in the flared, tulip-version for the summer too.
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/6/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt!
xela said... (2/6/07 8:26 AM) Reply
I love your attitude in the first picture. You're great! Thanks for the great review. Have fun with the skirt
BeckyC said... (2/6/07 7:53 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt, Anne! What a great addition to your wardrobe staples. I can see why you'd like to make another for other seasons.
nancia said... (2/6/07 7:17 AM) Reply
a great winter skirt, that you'll get years of wear from. i'm gonna make this in black too for the upcoming australian winter. thanks for the great review.
Debbie Cook said... (2/6/07 6:57 AM) Reply
I love the whole look! I miss winter clothes sometimes. Great review, lots of good info.
AnneM said... (2/6/07 5:36 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Wore my skirt to work. It was comfy, although I did crackle w/ static electricity some (dry winter air - I wasn't the only one). I don't like elastic waist wovens on me, but am fine w/ knits.
PixieCat said... (2/6/07 5:19 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt! It looks great on you.
rivergum said... (2/6/07 0:31 AM) Reply
That looks really lovely! I think you have inspired me to make one too.
PVA said... (2/6/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Ann, thanks for this review. It's a wonderful skirt & looks like a great fit! I too will remember about making the back larger than the front, for obvious reasons! (Well, Duh!)
JenSews2 said... (2/5/07 11:31 PM) Reply
Great job! Thanks for the tips!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/5/07 10:31 PM) Reply
Very nicely done! Great tips, too.
BJ1400 said... (2/5/07 10:23 PM) Reply
Great looking, basic skirt. I also make my skirt backs a size bigger too.
Sherril Miller said... (2/5/07 10:03 PM) Reply
You're looking mighty sassy there girlfriend. That skirt looks great with the purple sweater. Great idea to size down and use a knit. The boot look good with it too.
Hilary said... (2/5/07 9:46 PM) Reply
Very nice!! Your skirt is flattering and looks really comfy as well. Great tips, Thanks!
MelC said... (2/5/07 9:16 PM) Reply
Anne, I really like the fullness of your skirt. I love long skirts and boots. You did a nice job converting this pattern for a knit.
Linda G said... (2/5/07 8:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. I like the idea of the elastic waist
CarolynGM said... (2/5/07 8:12 PM) Reply
Love it. I want one too! Clever to make the back in a larger size.