Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4246 (girls top, skirt and stole)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:2/4/07 9:18 AM
Last Updated:2/4/07 9:46 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

AnneM said... (2/5/07 9:01 PM) Reply
Congrats on being able to make your DD something that she wore & was happy with!
PVA said... (2/5/07 11:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful result! I only had one DD so I didn't know some of them aren't picky! I thought they all came that way!
Chris Kelly said... (2/4/07 10:36 PM) Reply
OMG!!!! Cindy-Lou it's just too cute!! Love it, the beautiful smile says it all! You should be very proud!
cindy-lou said... (2/4/07 6:40 PM) Reply
Hi Katie N-- you are probably right re: length of the top! Low-rise is in now and this girl refuses anything else! Should have figured that in while I was doing fitting-- thanks!
Peggy L said... (2/4/07 5:42 PM) Reply
Glad you made her happy! Way to go Mom. It looks like she had a wonderful time with her Dad.
Karla Kizer said... (2/4/07 5:11 PM) Reply
Now that you've introduced her to custom-designed and made dance dresses, there's no going back. Glad you were able to please little Miss Picky!
LiZ said... (2/4/07 2:49 PM) Reply
Your DD looks beautiful in her lovely dress.
jessika said... (2/4/07 1:35 PM) Reply
Great Decorative edging. I have a very tomboyish sis that I had to make a dress for , boy is that fun. You did great with all the demands. This will be a great memory for her with her daddy.
KatieN said... (2/4/07 12:52 PM) Reply
Your little girl is adorable and it looks like she loves her dress! You mentioned that you thought the top was too short, and the skirt was too long - When I looked at the pictures, it appeared that the real issue is that the skirt is sitting well below her natural waist, but I think it was designed to sit AT the waist. If the waist were made smaller to sit higher, it may solve both problems (the too-long skirt and the gap between the top and skirt).
ryan's mom said... (2/4/07 12:39 PM) Reply
So pretty! You did such a nice job on her dress :) . Tomboys and teenage girls are definitely the most picky groups of all to sew for!!! (However, I did just find my 15-year old daughter eyeing up an embroidered ID tag I made for her sister...She's very much a label-conscious RTW snob.)
illinicrna said... (2/4/07 11:06 AM) Reply
That's awesome! AND, she'll remember that time you made her the blue satin dress for the Valentine's dance FOREVER. (trust me I know this, my mom made me a Black and Blue Polka Dot dress for a dance as well)
JenSews2 said... (2/4/07 10:48 AM) Reply
Good job, especially to make a girl's dream come true!

Understanding Interfacings