Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5327 (Misses' Unlined Jackets)

Reviewed by:TwilaO

About TwilaOstar
MT USA
Member since: 12/20/06
Posted on:2/5/07 10:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
cecelia said... (2/7/07 8:31 AM) Reply
I'm sure you'll get more use out of this than you think. It may seem boring to you, but is a great wardrobe builder and will go with everything!
xela said... (2/6/07 8:32 AM) Reply
Perhaps the shoulders are a bit too wide. If you adjusted the shoulder area and added shoulder pads I think it would be the jacket you imagined. Good luck. and thanks for the review.
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/6/07 0:58 AM) Reply
I think it's fabulous enough to make more than one if it's comfortable to wear and you like the fit. It looks nice on you and I've seen this style of jacket in lots of stores in all kinds of different fabrics. This is the style of jacket that my DD loves to wear. Love your topstitching.
TwilaO said... (2/5/07 3:15 PM) Reply
Thank you, everyone, for your encouraging comments! Soliel and ReBecca: I used pearl cotton size 5, which is an embroidery thread. It's much thicker than regular thread, and yes, I did it by hand. It went fairly quickly, although anchoring it inconspicuously was a challenge in some spots. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Mary Stiefer said... (2/5/07 2:49 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket. It is distinctive but what about using embellishments to make it fabulous - or decorative stitching or coordinating fabrics. I think you could do many things. It's a lovely jacket.
Linda G said... (2/5/07 1:43 PM) Reply
It is really cute and by looking at the pattern I would have thought the sleeves would have been somewhat bell shaped thanks for the review.
LauraTS said... (2/5/07 1:42 PM) Reply
This looks very sharp - I like the white with the black topstitching.
cindy-lou said... (2/5/07 1:11 PM) Reply
I do like this facket! Easy to wear and you'll probably get more out of it than you think.
Re Becca said... (2/5/07 1:04 PM) Reply
I think that it looks great!.. Tell us more about the top stitching. I am considering doing that for a jackeet myself and I thought that you had to do it by hand to get it to look right. I also think that you will be glad that you took the time to line it, it will last longer.
Soliel said... (2/5/07 12:46 PM) Reply
I think it's cute. The bell sleeves might have ended up to be too much. Question for anyone to answer...to get that nice thick topstitching look, is it only a different thread or does one have to use a special needle or two needles? Please advise, thanks!
AliceB said... (2/5/07 12:15 PM) Reply
Really lovely jacket!! I'd love to see a photo of the back side as well with those little slits being outlined. Great job!!
slanden99 said... (2/5/07 12:11 PM) Reply
It looks nice in white. I like the pockets and topstitching

Butterick 3656 OOP

by: FreyaStark

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Couch Caddy Paper Pattern