Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2007-406 (twist-front dress)

Reviewed by:cherry

About cherrystar
VA USA
Member since: 9/9/02
Posted on:2/7/07 6:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
cherry said... (6/1/07 9:33 AM) Reply
newlywedws (congratulations in order?) If you would like to send me your street address and your Burda size, I could trace it off for you. (Use the message center at the top of the page)
Ngear said... (5/31/07 8:59 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful in the photo!
newlywedws said... (5/22/07 9:54 PM) Reply
I absolutely love your dress! It is so chic -looks like it was purchased in an upscale boutique. I absolutely adore the pattern also...I could cry that I just saw this pattern...as I'm sure it can't be bought anywhere now :(
Stephanie C. said... (2/25/07 5:24 PM) Reply
Oh, I was going to make this for a banquet next weekend. Now I'm not sure. Thanks for your input. I didn't notice that it required a zipper, either.
dreamdesigner said... (2/15/07 11:59 AM) Reply
Cherry, I think this looks wonderful! But I can't believe the garments you've created! And I've only looked at a few! That fabric your dh bought - I GUESS he had a helpful assistant - MY dh wouldn't be caught dead near a fabric store! I'm going to look at the rest now!
SewTwin said... (2/12/07 0:31 AM) Reply
Mine did not come out either.Perhaps you could do a knit muslin with what you have learned, then do another with "good" fabric.I look better in flatter patterns, like your other dress in the pictures.
UteK said... (2/9/07 2:07 PM) Reply
First look at your picture was a "whow". It looks not only wearable but great.
OP Gal said... (2/8/07 11:41 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you're not happy with the dress. It looks great in the picture. I was looking through your photo album and was very impressed with your other sewing projects. I'll be anxious to see more of your reviews.
mlt said... (2/8/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Yet another one saying how lovely it looks!
Jane S said... (2/8/07 8:32 AM) Reply
It might not be what you anticipated, but it's looking sharp on your dress form.
Em's Summer said... (2/8/07 8:17 AM) Reply
The dress looks great! Looking at it, I can't even tell anything went wrong while you were sewing it. Great looking dress and great job, even if you might not think so. :-)
Nancy K said... (2/8/07 8:06 AM) Reply
I think that it looks lovely.
Danvillegirl said... (2/8/07 5:28 AM) Reply
Sorry you don't like the dress but it looks good on the dress form.
Margie T said... (2/8/07 4:50 AM) Reply
I think your dress looks lovely. Please wear it.
Kay Y said... (2/7/07 7:29 PM) Reply
Despite your difficulties, this really does look like an elegant and wearable dress. I hope you come to love it soon.
librarylady said... (2/7/07 7:00 PM) Reply
It is a lovely dress as Sherril said. And a wonderful review. Thanks. I'm a Burda 44/46 too so this was especially good to read.
Rebecca D said... (2/7/07 6:59 PM) Reply
I second Sherrill's opinion that it looks lovely on the hanger. The review was very helpful for me in spite of your travails.
Sherril Miller said... (2/7/07 6:07 PM) Reply
Oh, but I've learned somuch from your review. I'm sad you're not happy with this dress because it looks wonderful on the hanger. Besides the hem being the wrong length, how does it fit once you fixed the sleeves?

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress