Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5242 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:mehitabel

About mehitabelstar
TX USA
Member since: 10/3/06
Posted on:2/8/07 10:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Ciclista said... (2/14/07 9:23 AM) Reply
How did I miss this pattern??? Your jacket is awesome!!! I'm stopping by JoAnns this afternoon to buy this pattern.
LiZ said... (2/10/07 2:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket.
OP Gal said... (2/9/07 10:59 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. That orchid silk lining is beautiful.
Annika said... (2/9/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Yowsir! How fabulous!
Jacqui315 said... (2/9/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I think it has that retro 30's look.
ryan's mom said... (2/9/07 7:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I only wish I had a tiny waist and could wear a jacket like that :) .
hongkongshopper said... (2/9/07 1:43 AM) Reply
Ooh, even nicer than the boucle jacket - well done! Did you topstitch in purple metalic thread as well?
mehitabel said... (2/8/07 9:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments! Roseanne--I DID try a wiggle-type skirt with inverted pleats (I lined the pleats with the same orchid silk). It turned out beautifully, but guess what? My behind was just a bit too obvious. *grumble* So I'm still mulling over what kind of skirt to try. Thanks again, all!
Linda G said... (2/8/07 6:31 PM) Reply
Looks like it came from an expensive ready made boutique.
Tany said... (2/8/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Stunning! Beautiful Jacket!
rosannec said... (2/8/07 12:16 PM) Reply
What a *gorgeous* little jacket! The combination of gray and orchid are fantastic. I love it and immediately want one for myself. I think this would pair wonderfully with a fitted sheath dress or wiggle skirt that's high-waisted and a crisp white blouse. How will you wear it?
Pinkytoo said... (2/8/07 11:31 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!!!! (insert drooling emoticon here) I love it, great job!
moushka said... (2/8/07 11:16 AM) Reply
Stunning! I purchased this pattern as soon as I saw it, even though it's a bit OTT for my age, because it's just sooooo feminine and pretty. Your version looks lovely - the orchid silk is a perfect complement to the neutral wool. Thanks for the review. Sue
KrystalL said... (2/8/07 11:13 AM) Reply
I am really loving this jacket! I like the orchid facing on the color. It really pops. I'm in the process of constructing a similar jacket--McCall's 5176. And Hancock's does have some really fabric in the clearance section. Some of my favorite outfits were from on-sale fabric at Hancock's.

More Knits