Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8305 (Vogue Easy Options)

Reviewed by:Londa Rohlfing

About Londa Rohlfingstar
Member since: 11/30/03
Posted on:2/11/07 10:48 PM
Last Updated:2/11/07 10:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
AnneM said... (2/20/07 10:22 AM) Reply
Much more elegant in the shorter length, IMO. I think it looks great with or without the felting.
Londa Rohlfing said... (2/13/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Kitty - I ama 5'8.5"... Long - it was really stylish - so start long if you have enough fabric, then perhaps shorten it to your liking...a bit at a time. I really think it depends on your own 'style' 0 where you 'go' - etc... Thrown over the shoulder it is magnificent - but though I'd love to have worn it that way - that's more 'new york' than central Illinois, I'm sad to say...
Tall Mary said... (2/12/07 8:42 PM) Reply
Londa, I have this pattern and attend to make the jacket out of blue green wool jersey that I purchased. May I ask how tall you are? If you are on the petite side it may be that the front was drafted too long for you by Vogue. I am 5'9" and trying to figure out if I should follow your tip of shortening the front also. Your jacket is gorgeous.
Sharon Smith said... (2/12/07 6:18 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. You were so wise to shorten it. Now I hope you will do the top. It looks gorgeous on the pattern front.
Clareew said... (2/12/07 5:23 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. I have been thinking of getting one of the Clover felting thing, it has just moved up to the top of my list.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/12/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Londa: I love what you've done with this jacket: the felting really makes it a very special garment. Won't be surprised it it sold very quickly at the show.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/12/07 10:49 AM) Reply
xela said... (2/12/07 9:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket-love the beautiful felting! What a clever idea!
slanden99 said... (2/12/07 9:38 AM) Reply
I like your changes to this jacket. It looks much more wearable than the pattern photo and it's classy too
Londa Rohlfing said... (2/12/07 8:36 AM) Reply
Ody - it is not an embellishing machine, but the hand tool. My understanding is that the machine really, really flattens it - making it a 'part' of the fabric. I have a friend who is going to compare/test that for me...
SewVeryTall said... (2/12/07 4:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I thought I recognized the Angelina when I viewed your photo...nice to know that it can be felted. Thanks for the review :)
Mary Stiefer said... (2/12/07 1:08 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. Your alterations makes it more beautiful. Love the embellishments.
Aixoise said... (2/11/07 11:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful. The needle-felting is lovely, and I agree that the front looks much more reasonable the way you've cut it.
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/11/07 11:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful jacket!
Em's Summer said... (2/11/07 11:12 PM) Reply
Great jacket in a great color with beautiful embellishments! Thanks for this great review! :-)
Ody said... (2/11/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Londa, wow! maybe I need to get an embellishing machine. Great review! I love the color of this coat.

Vogue Patterns 9475 OOP