Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6383 (Misses' Knit Tops, Pants and S)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by cindy-lou using this Pattern

Annette1 said... (2/21/08 5:34 PM) Reply
I LOVE these pants, and I can't believe you got this fabric in the $2 bin at Wal-Mart! Really, really nice. That snagging thing may give me problems, though, as I have pernanent guitar callouses on my left hand. At least with a print, though, the snags might disappear.
kkkkaty said... (2/20/08 9:17 PM) Reply
Cindy, Viking calls them "glide plates", part # 412 34 66-45. There are three in a pack, one for the zipper foot, one for the A foot, and one for the d foot. The dealer I got them from said that they are resuable; the pack cost $9.95. I don't see them on the viking site, tho, maybe your dealer can help
cindy-lou said... (2/20/08 2:54 PM) Reply
Thanks, clin and kkkaty! clin, I tried the narrow zigzag and extremely light pressure-- still snagged. I think for my machine, I need to wrap the seam in question with wash-away stabilizer-- or maybe the thing kkkaty mentioned is the secret with a Viking! They seem particularly 'sticky' with clear elastic and slinky...
kkkkaty said... (2/20/08 9:51 AM) Reply
cute as can be! Viking makes an accessory that can be applied to your regular feet, it's teflon with a sticky back so you apply it to the foot when you need to use it, then peel it off for later use. I think the kit comes with several that fit difefrent feet, and it costs about $10, if I recall correctly...
carolynw said... (2/20/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Good going Cindy - love these pants. I guess I am one of the lucky ones (cross fingers) have not run into a problem sewing Slinky - use a very, very narrow .5 zig zag and the machine is set for working on knits (very little pressure) - those combined seem to work fine. EOS has a lot of on-line info on how to work with it.
Karen8320 said... (2/20/08 8:33 AM) Reply
Cindy-lou, both pairs of pants look great! Choosing different fabrics really gives the pants a very different look. I love your choices of fabric!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 1:53 AM) Reply
Very classy pants, and your fabric choice enhances the lovely drape. I too lose my manners when I sew slinky. But, all's well that ends well, and this pattern did end very well. Lovely. -Lily
Bobinator said... (7/16/07 4:41 PM) Reply
OMG!! I have this pattern too! In fact I was just going to make this week! I love the fabric that you used for the pants, funky, bright and oh so cute!!! You have inspired me to go ahead. Thanks again for a great review.
AnneM said... (2/21/07 8:28 AM) Reply
Neat. Sounds like a great pattern for this style, also.
Ody said... (2/18/07 2:51 PM) Reply
Wow! Honey you are stippin in those pants! Sooo Cute!! The 14 yo dd just came in and saw the picture and said, "Mom, she is soo young!" Girl friend--you need to wear those pants a lot.
xela said... (2/18/07 10:59 AM) Reply
Who would think that pants with flowers the size of Texas could be so attractive! The entire outfit is stunning. Thank you for this review.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/14/07 11:11 PM) Reply
Awesome pants - fun fabric choice too!
Maychi said... (2/14/07 2:22 AM) Reply
Great outfit!
carolynw said... (2/13/07 4:44 PM) Reply
I looked at this and thought - wow - this gal must be going on a cruise. Elegant and comfortable!!
jnamcd said... (2/13/07 4:30 PM) Reply
Great looking!
LMH said... (2/13/07 1:32 PM) Reply
Those are great; really cute!
blue mooney said... (2/13/07 12:51 PM) Reply
A quickie pattern is always nice - especially when the results look so good!
Soliel said... (2/13/07 11:00 AM) Reply
I have this same pattern. Thanks for reviewing. I love funky fabrics, too and this style of pants. Looks great!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/13/07 10:54 AM) Reply
What a fun outfit! Pair those lovely pants with a coral pink halter and a some mile high heels and you're all set for a summer evening soiree!
Harriet Rogers said... (2/13/07 10:51 AM) Reply
You look gorgeous in your outfit. Love the pant fabric and the entire look. New Look definately produces some fine patterns. I reviewed New Look 6656-also wide pants, but not knit, and I loved the pattern.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/13/07 9:28 AM) Reply
What a fun outfit.
OP Gal said... (2/13/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Fun and stylish pants. I love the fabric.
BeckyC said... (2/13/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Great looking outfit! The pants look so comfortable and I can imagine how comfy they must be to wear.
Linda G said... (2/13/07 7:08 AM) Reply
They are awesome. I love the idea that they feel like pajamas but don't look like them....I need a pair or two of those!!!
Peggy L said... (2/13/07 7:02 AM) Reply
Fun pants!
Patzee said... (2/13/07 1:51 AM) Reply
Oh, I just love your pants!
Helen near Sydney said... (2/13/07 1:14 AM) Reply
Your legs look a mile long!
Chris Kelly said... (2/12/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Love the outfit...it's just too cute! Nice job on colors!
Karen6790 said... (2/12/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Oh, what fun. We all need an instant gratification project sometimes, and these are happy pants. Great job.

More Knits