Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3663 (Renaissance maiden costumes)

Reviewed by:Dale C

About Dale Cstarstarstar
HI USA
Posted on:11/21/05 7:19 AM
Last Updated:12/25/02 10:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Julia Graham said... (3/16/03 8:14 PM) Reply
Dale, I bought this pattern today based on the loveliness of your picture. I would _never_ have looked twice at it in the pattern book, from that photo! You can tell what cheap fabrics and minimal construction they used on the samples. But yours is gorgeous. Thanks for the insights, especially about fit and horsehair braid.
Trey said... (12/26/02 7:10 PM) Reply
you have provided a great idea and review, I will have to take my daughter's favorite custome pattern and give it a try. Wonderful dress!
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/26/02 5:20 PM) Reply
Dale, the dress is lovely. I had never given thought to using costume patterns for formalwear, but I'll keep an eye on them for future use! -Ann
Dale C said... (12/26/02 8:50 AM) Reply
Thanks. Arlene, someday soon I'll try to get her to put it on for a pic, but she's reluctant. I might have to wait till the next concert. It fits great though. Rusti, I rotated the sleeve back by repositioning the whole sleeve. The center cap marking on the sleeve piece was shifted about 1" back. This also shifts the whole sleeve and the rest of the markings will also be moved back as well. I hope that makes sense. You can find this info in a most good pattern alteration books.
Kitty said... (12/26/02 3:36 AM) Reply
These are the style of dresses I wear day to day, a bit gothic for Americans I imagine. I will look for this pattern and take your advice. Thanks !!
Rusti said... (12/26/02 1:30 AM) Reply
Dale, this is a fabulous garment!! Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful review. It is a great and wearable gown. Could you give more information about "rotating the sleeve back"? Thanks.
starlene said... (12/26/02 0:26 AM) Reply
Merry Christmas Dale! Very nice, any chance of a picture with your daughter wearing it?

by: Ineedaname

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern