Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6576 (Babies Dress and Headband)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:2/17/07 1:30 PM
Last Updated:2/21/09 3:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 32 people

linda alred said... (3/21/14 1:31 PM) Reply
I am new to this site. I am very frustrated!!!!!where are the picture they keep talking about? I am done looking!!!
diver said... (4/5/13 4:23 PM) Reply
How did you finish it after turning right side out?
DBeran said... (12/1/12 10:35 PM) Reply
Cindy-Lou - I am making this dress with lining, had trouble turning, found your review but there are no pictures. Is there somewhere I can go to see the pictures? DBeran
Bananabanana said... (4/14/12 3:47 AM) Reply
You are a legend, I love the little notes on each photo. This was doing my head in! And now I understand. Thanks a bunch. <3 Hannah
Nicky1 said... (4/9/11 3:35 PM) Reply
I can't seem to find the pics accompanying this tutorial. I'm very interested in learning this technique. I noticed in the other comments, they have found the pics - am I doing something wrong?
Lindsay Ellen said... (12/20/09 2:57 AM) Reply
This is an awesome review and the picture instructions are terrific. I made my first lined jumper in an hour. Thank you so much!
snuzal said... (8/26/09 10:38 PM) Reply
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I have been looking for a pattern like this for ages! Now I have got my fabric pre washing as I type.. Cannot wait to try it. I hope I understand the step 8 bit ok.. *bites nails* UPDATE!:WOOOHOOOO!!! HOW FANTASTIC! I just finished it, and boy was it easy once I knew what I was doing! Absolutely incredible, that would have to be the easiest thing I have ever made lol. All went swimmingly until I got to the buttonholes. My automatic buttonholer has died *tears and plenty of them* lol Thank you so much
cindy-lou said... (8/13/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Thanks Sandy D... other than clipping curves, I don't know what to tell you. I'd try starching as you go with the pressing, and consider a clapper if you're using thick fabrics. I've typically been able to get it under control with clipping and pressing. HTH-- :)
Sandy D. said... (8/12/09 5:04 PM) Reply
This review is very helpful, thank you. I have a question maybe someone can help me. Is there a trick to avoiding all the puckering around the neckline/armhole area? I clipped the curves, but it puckers so much and it is tough to iron it out as well. Do you know any tricks for this? I had to top stitch it in order for it to lay flat, and that was a mission in itself!! Thank you!!!
MrsNerd said... (8/8/09 11:00 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and decided to line it and was having problems. Checked here for help on lining and found your instructions for lining this exact pattern! Thank you so much!
Clippy said... (7/30/09 8:42 PM) Reply
Awesome instructions for lining!
kathleencramer said... (5/26/09 10:52 PM) Reply
Great review! Thanks for the great instructios. I'll give it try right away!
marycds said... (2/23/09 4:40 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you. I can't wait to try this. I have a similar pattern for a top already cut out.
Sassy Stitches said... (2/20/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the instructions. In the photos, I can not read the note on Step 3, Step 4,Step 8, Step 8.5, & Finished Product picture. Will you be kind enough to e-mail the descriptions on these pictures. Thanks a million. I have about pulled my hair out trying to figure out how to do this. Martha
jaicee said... (2/2/09 10:51 AM) Reply
How cute! Thank you for these detailed instructions and the step by step photos will be very helpful. I have this pattern and I can't wait to try making it fully lined.
amyawesome said... (10/28/08 4:19 PM) Reply
Oops...double post.
amyawesome said... (10/28/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Love this review...but am having trouble making it work with a boy's overall style similar to this pattern (jon-jon, overall). Any tips on how to make that work? I'm really trying to make a reversible garment, but think your tips here are applicable to what I'm attempting...I just lack the knowledge to make it work!
Yellowrose49 said... (7/11/08 1:18 PM) Reply
Very nice instructions Thanks. Judy
CA Eisenhour said... (6/18/08 2:00 PM) Reply
Hey Doc! Your tutorial is terrific! I forgot, what size does this paattern go to? I htink it's just for toddlers if I'm not mistaken. ~Connie
Meggie LuLu said... (6/18/08 9:34 AM) Reply
AWWWW!!! That is SOOOO CUTE!!! My mom has made this pattern two times now, but between me and you I think yours is much CUTER!!! I just LOVE the embellished pocket on the front, it's simply ADORABLE!!!
cindy-lou said... (6/18/08 8:35 AM) Reply
rrrr, I edited above to include the description-- thanks!
rrrr said... (6/17/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Lovely but what does the card say for step 3
Jemparrot said... (3/16/08 5:47 PM) Reply
Thank you! Could this be made reversible?
cindy-lou said... (3/1/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Fran, I detailed the instructions over in the 'Tips and Techniques' section so you could read them better-- enjoy!
Fran Dempsey said... (2/29/08 5:14 PM) Reply
can't see the instructions well on #8
Selena Elmore said... (2/27/08 4:11 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for such a great review and instructions on lining. I have literally been looking and looking for weeks to find a tuturial like this. You are an angel!
sherry ardoin said... (10/7/07 8:32 PM) Reply
great instructions
Casby said... (8/19/07 9:26 PM) Reply
THANK YOU! I am a brand new sewer and I am almost finished with this dress... I did it with the interfacing. The lining looks great and I can't wait to try it this way!
jessika said... (2/23/07 3:29 PM) Reply
Too cute and great review thanks
BevH said... (2/19/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Step-by-step and photos are very helpful. Your finished dress is darling.
jjwalker said... (2/19/07 1:29 PM) Reply
I spit coffee out my nose at Step 8!!! :) Totally cute jumper - and I have that pattern, so I'm going to try this ASAP!
Marhamner said... (2/18/07 6:41 PM) Reply
These are terrific instructions! Thanks for sharing them.
Ody said... (2/18/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Awesome review! I love vintage fabric and this is so cute together with the embroidery.
Peggy L said... (2/17/07 7:06 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Great technique for the lining.
Lunar_C said... (2/17/07 6:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your photo instructions. Really informative and so quick. Love your pocket detail too.
Linda G said... (2/17/07 6:39 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful review. I have to remember this!!
MamaSewing said... (2/17/07 2:23 PM) Reply
How sweet, love the matching dresses. Also, thank you for the insrtuctions for lining, I'll take a look later to see if I can use them
CA Eisenhour said... (2/17/07 2:13 PM) Reply
Great review Cindy! What a awesome little dress. Love that fabric too!
Princess Jenny said... (2/17/07 1:41 PM) Reply
Awesome review. Thank you for all the detailed steps you included :)

McCall's M5668