Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> OOP (1971 Misses' Boho Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:2/19/07 8:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Soliel said... (6/5/07 8:25 PM) Reply
Soliel said... (6/5/07 8:24 PM) Reply
I think the top style is OK...what makes it look "too girly" is the flower print in ingenue colors. But if the print was a bit more sophisticated, I still think it would work. The Butterick blouse you are eyeing is wonderful...but it's very girly too but with a more subdued, less little girl print. I love this keyhole look...If you want to sell it, I will buy! lv2breathe at AOL dot com.
AnneM said... (4/6/07 11:04 AM) Reply
Yes, not the best for you. Fuzzygalore has some good feedback, I think - better analysis than I could provide. :)
ryan's mom said... (2/24/07 7:37 PM) Reply
Great review! Sometimes we have to make an honest assessment with ourselves about what does and doesn't work. When I see a post by "Heather's Mom" I always think elegance and have to check out the review. (As opposed to I don't equate your name with "frilly" :) ).
Ody said... (2/20/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Great blouse and very interesting review. I think I would wear it if I were you. Save it for when someone has a Mammas and Pappas party. You are sewing up a storm girl!
JenSews2 said... (2/20/07 3:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll skip the frilly look too, but I appreciate your review!
Heatherrique said... (2/20/07 12:40 PM) Reply
Thank you fuzzygalore! :-}
bell N said... (2/20/07 8:00 AM) Reply
I had a pattern very similar to the Simplicity vintage you linked to. The pattern you show has cording in the neck, and a neckline slit. Mine had a closed neckline with elastic all the way around, as well as elastic in the waist and sleeves. I made it in plain muslin, with the embroidery around the neckline, and in some sort of gauzey material. I wore it all the time - 30 years ago.
fuzzygalore said... (2/20/07 6:04 AM) Reply
I'm afraid I agree with you that the pink isn't the best color for you. Otherwise, I like it well enough, the waist casing was a good idea. But what's missing from the McCartney original is that the sleeves are a bit small. Hers are way bigger than that, and I think the larger sleeves would look more balanced on you. Plus notice how her fabric is very different from your cotton, a light crisp silk I think, that would probably work better. Do try this again, but in a grown-up color :-).

Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern