Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6587 (New Look 6587 Misses Button-Fr)

Reviewed by:andread

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

AnneM said... (4/4/07 5:04 PM) Reply
What a great idea - so great, I won't be surprised if some people use it deliberately. (They aren't mistakes, they are design opportunities.) I'll 2nd slanden99's suggestion - stay w/ the smaller size but do a full bust adjustment (see message board pinned topics for info).
JaneH said... (2/26/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Your alterations are so well crafted that no one know your unique front was a problem solver. Great looking dress!!
Lhan said... (2/25/07 1:33 AM) Reply
Your photo is so tantalising - it looks very nice at this angle, but can we see the whole dress? I love your solution - saving things is great. btw, there's no link to the pattern on my view of this review either.
Lori V said... (2/24/07 3:52 PM) Reply
Nice save, very cute. Good luck with the black eyelet
Nancywin said... (2/24/07 11:17 AM) Reply
I really ike your dree - I thought it was a blouse at first - would love to see the whole thing. I'm not getting a link to the pattern either.
slanden99 said... (2/24/07 10:14 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. Have you tried doing a full bust adjustment? That might solve the too- small problem for your next dress.
OP Gal said... (2/24/07 10:14 AM) Reply
Clever save! The dress looks lovely.
Debbie Cook said... (2/24/07 8:03 AM) Reply
I've had Erin's Dress a Day blog entry on this saved forEVER because I love, love how this looks. It's so pretty and feminine and very creative problem-solving that turned into a great design feature.
PegL said... (2/24/07 6:30 AM) Reply
Very cute! Congratulations on your ''aha''* problem solving! *In design that's what you call turning a ''problem'' into something wonderful!
Marji said... (2/24/07 3:17 AM) Reply
great innovative save on the 'too small' problem. Looks very nice on you.
FuzzyNavelPeach said... (2/24/07 3:08 AM) Reply
Very nice. I too am currently working on a wrap shirt in a light steel gray eyelet....that is turning out to be too small......sigh...so much work went into it too. Anyway, you look great in your dress. I'll check back for the pattern. Great job. :)
Jodi B. said... (2/24/07 0:11 AM) Reply
Nice save on the dress. It's a good idea and I'll keep it in mind in case I run into this problem in the future.
andread said... (2/24/07 0:05 AM) Reply
Hmmm... i don't know why that is. When I went in to edit the review, it still has a link to the pattern...? Thanks for your kind words!
Soliel said... (2/23/07 11:58 PM) Reply
I am enjoying your reviews very much this Friday evening. I am upset, though, because I am a pattern addict, I can't see the pattern! Harumph! I like your ideas for eyelet...very cool.

Simplicity Vintage 9704