Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7946 (Burda 7946 Skirt)

Reviewed by:tentmaker

About tentmakerstar
TX USA
Member since: 8/3/06
Posted on:2/27/07 9:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Vintage Joan said... (11/26/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks very nice! I just bought this pattern, and I agree that this skirt doesn't have an age limit. Mind you, the view without the fluffy bias tape would probably be easier for someone middle-aged (like me) to wear. :)
AnneM said... (3/9/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Nice skirt, and I agree that it really is a style that can be worn at any age; just pick the right top for it. A neat, finished sweater would contrast nicely with the frayed seams.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/28/07 10:37 PM) Reply
The skirt is fabulous: unless it doesn't fit, if I were you. I'd wear it in a minute. No age limit on something this unusual and classic. With a black top, this would be elegant. Based on your picture, I'm buying the pattern and will use our elasitc waist recommendation.
Annika said... (2/28/07 4:09 PM) Reply
Well now just how old are you, anyway? 105? It's such a great skirt you probably look gorgeous in it - especially with the right top. And, for some reason, do you believe you don't have the right to take up as much space in this world as the rest of us larger than life ladies? :) Well, you do have that right - the world's a big place! It is a great looking skirt!
FrancesR said... (2/28/07 2:50 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt, I hope that you decide to wear it.
Karin Mantefors said... (2/28/07 11:57 AM) Reply
This is a very nice skirt! I bet it looks good on you too, you have to style it to suit you ( Im not sure age has anything to do with this skirt ) Bring it to a store and show it to the sales ladies and explain your dilemma. Im not gonna buy the pattern but Im gonna steal the idea with the bias strips
BillieJean said... (2/28/07 11:03 AM) Reply
I'm 68 and I'd wear it. In fact, I'm thinking of a gored skirt pattern I have that I could put bias strips in the seams. Please wear this!!! Billie
Irene Q said... (2/28/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Well, I'm 50 and I'd wear it in a minute! It came out perfect and it's really not over-the-top frilly at all. Great job!
cindy-lou said... (2/28/07 10:19 AM) Reply
I have never seen you, but please consider wearing this! If paired with a conservative top and conservative shoes, it will NOT look too young-- will just look classy. You did such a beautiful job!
SewVeryTall said... (2/28/07 6:06 AM) Reply
I think this skirt is so pretty...thanks for the review!
sewinglinda said... (2/28/07 5:19 AM) Reply
very sad to make such a lovely skirt then not wear it, have you tried it on with a plain black top? I think that would give it an all ages look.
JenSews2 said... (2/27/07 11:38 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt! Thanks for the review! Welcome to PR!
Schnauzer said... (2/27/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Your skirt is lovely! Nice idea putting in the elastic for the waist.

StyleArc Marni Ponti Jacket

by: PattyE

KnipMode Magazine 01-2012-17

by: Margaret

You Sew Girl 200mm Kiss Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Kiss Purse Pattern

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)