Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4194 (Threads magazine collection)

Reviewed by:Verosews

About Verosewsstar
Member since: 4/1/04
Posted on:2/28/07 10:29 PM
Last Updated:6/1/07 7:57 PM
Verosews said... (6/5/07 3:02 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the wonderful comments. You don't know how they make me feel. For those that asked, I did enter it in the Simplicity contest, but won't know if I made it to the next stage until mid July. I'll be waiting anxiously.
Dmd4106 said... (6/5/07 1:58 AM) Reply
So loving the color! Fab knock-off. The florals are over the top.
Annette1 said... (6/4/07 3:16 AM) Reply
Just GORGEOUS! You should DEFINITELY promote yourself from "advanced beginner." Your dress looks SO much better on you than the inspiration dress does on that model. And the color is ooo-la-la!
zinnia said... (6/2/07 7:44 PM) Reply
Absolutely Fabulous!!!!
KaraKai said... (6/2/07 7:30 PM) Reply
I see this is an older review, the dress is beyond STUNNING! Did you win the contest??? Absolutely gorgeous!
susinok said... (6/2/07 8:41 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh! That outfit and those SHOES are amazing! How beautiful!
Marji said... (6/2/07 8:01 AM) Reply
All the rest of the embellishment you did really enhanced the overall look. Sometimes more is just more, but in this case, more is just perfect. It's lovely. Did you end up entering it in the Simplicity Threads contest?
MelissaB in WA said... (6/1/07 8:44 PM) Reply
Well I'm glad you accidently bumped it because I missed your dress - it's GORGEOUS!!!! WOW! :-)
Verosews said... (6/1/07 7:58 PM) Reply
Oops, I meant to update the photo for the review gallery and I guess it moved my review all the way up. Didn't mean to do that.
Vonnevo said... (6/1/07 3:51 PM) Reply
Ech-O-ing WOW ! Your outfit has become more magnificent. The colour choices suit you beautifully and the textures and embellishments are gorgeous.
mad4sewing said... (6/1/07 3:31 PM) Reply
Stupendous! That is a really GREAT dress.
Erica B. said... (6/1/07 1:49 PM) Reply
That dress is like "WOW"! It's beautiful. I really adore the flowers.
Leora said... (4/10/07 11:36 AM) Reply
Well?? Did you enter the contest???
Olivia Sews said... (3/11/07 6:51 PM) Reply
Stunning!!! You should send a photo of this to Threads magazine. They feature gorgous creations like this from home sewers! It belongs in a magazine! Then Cameron Diaz or Nicole Kidman will see it and want you to make them one for the red carpet. Let's see, how much profit would that be - 10,000.00 minus 25.00 in costs. Hmmm, 9975.00 for labor, not bad!
CSM--Carla said... (3/10/07 7:17 PM) Reply
I love your beautiful dress, verosews!! So professional looking -- elegant! Have fun wearing it someplace special to celebrate! Carla
Dr. Alice said... (3/5/07 12:18 PM) Reply
What a work of art! Wow!
Nancywin said... (3/4/07 11:46 PM) Reply
Absolutely amazing! You shold definitely enter it in the Simplicity contest. It's just beautiful!
LiZ said... (3/4/07 3:00 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress and Knock off. Good luck with the simplicity competition.
Vonnevo said... (3/4/07 1:56 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous !!!! I have been away for a few days and just read your review. The dress is incredibly wonderful. I am thrilled to see that you plan on entering it in the Simplicity contest too. Good luck :)))
EveS said... (3/3/07 0:31 AM) Reply
This dress ROCKS! Thanks for the great inspiration...I urge you consider removing the "beginner" from your skill level. WTG!!!
madhatter said... (3/2/07 4:38 PM) Reply
adorable! i love the color and i surely love the matching SHOES!
Laurie Lou said... (3/2/07 1:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous! The variety of flowers are beautiful with all the different textures!
Verosews said... (3/2/07 12:43 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I do plan on entering it into the Simplicity contest, but need to finish up the bodice and make more flowers for the top and the skirt. I don't think I will place the flowers on the hem of the skirt, but may have them cascade down on one side. Again, Thank you all for the lovely comments. I can't wait to finish it up so I can wear it to my husband's cousin's 18th birthday bash in June (wow, that was a mouthful).
Marita Kinnula said... (3/2/07 11:28 AM) Reply
I'm sure my jaw dropped!!!, This is awsome, great job, congrats!!!! BEAUTIFUL color!!!! Marita
Em's Summer said... (3/2/07 9:25 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful! Love the color, the style and the shoes, too!
Lori V said... (3/1/07 11:05 PM) Reply
This is so gorgeous. You did an amazing job.
krystalkaes said... (3/1/07 8:39 PM) Reply
Holy Cats! Wow! Amazing! I love the shoes.
AnneM said... (3/1/07 8:32 PM) Reply
I hope you send this in to the Simplicity contest that is going on right now. You would have a chance for Paris.
PattyU said... (3/1/07 8:04 PM) Reply
This is one of the most stunning garments I've ever seen reviewed. I am so impressed! It's lovely.
sue77 said... (3/1/07 6:35 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS!!!! I absolutely love this
Sharon M said... (3/1/07 5:39 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful dress! and the shoes are perfect. Great job! Yes, you should enter this in the Simplicity contest.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/1/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Fabulously stunningly gorgeous. The flowers are divine. LOVE the green, my FAV. You will have such joy wearing this :) :)
sewfan said... (3/1/07 3:51 PM) Reply
Can I echo everyone else here? WOW! Love everything about your outfit!
cindy-lou said... (3/1/07 2:17 PM) Reply
WOW!! What a stunner! This one should sell in the thousands. I love it!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (3/1/07 1:14 PM) Reply
SueV said... (3/1/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Very nice, you should consider entering this in Simplicity's contest which is now.... win a trip to Paris!
ConnieBJ said... (3/1/07 12:58 PM) Reply
Somehow "beautiful" is not superlative enough of an adjective! What a wonderful creation, I can hear the compliments you will get when you wear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christina Sonja said... (3/1/07 12:55 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm impressed. I'm going to check out that book.
Soliel said... (3/1/07 12:37 PM) Reply
Wow....amazing! I love how different it is from the pattern. I LOVE your little flowers! where are you going to wear it?
StacyCK said... (3/1/07 12:25 PM) Reply
Wow, that is beautiful - I love the color and you made a wonderful interpretation of the designer original!
Debbie Cook said... (3/1/07 11:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Good luck in the contest.
Nancy K said... (3/1/07 11:19 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! The flowers are really incredible.
carolynw said... (3/1/07 9:36 AM) Reply
Stunning and I adore the shoes too. I'll bet that when you do wear it there will be a lot of heads turning - it's so beautiful!
Kay Y said... (3/1/07 9:28 AM) Reply
Outstanding work, well done! I am sure Simplicity would love to see this interpretation of their pattern.
nicegirl said... (3/1/07 8:59 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! I love the color and all the details.
suzanrossi said... (3/1/07 7:50 AM) Reply
Wow! How clever you are!
squirrellypoo said... (3/1/07 7:42 AM) Reply
WOWWW!!! That knockoff is a knockout!
ryan's mom said... (3/1/07 7:19 AM) Reply
Wow! Stunning!! the color too!!! Vero, would mind PM'ing me with the name of the fabric flower book? I want to make sure I order the right one. Very helpful review BTW.
Marie-Claude said... (3/1/07 4:41 AM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE it! I am a huge fan of greens and your creating looks fantastic! Thanks for mentionning Helen Gibb's book, I was actually looking for such a book before... I'm on my way to ordering it ;-)
Sew4Fun said... (3/1/07 4:19 AM) Reply
Wow that's stunning! You did an outstanding job. I love the colour you chose. That alone makes this a "wow" dress. So many people pick safe colours or go neutral/black. Love it! I agree, enter it in the Simplicity contest. And those shoes!!!!! What a find they were!
Marji said... (3/1/07 4:02 AM) Reply
Fabulous 2 pc dress - lovely knockoff - I agree with Sewbehind, you should finish doing the rest of the embellishment that you'd planned, the hem etc, and enter this in the Simplicity contest too. BTW, the original Elie Saab you chose for inspiration is from the Couture collection shown in Paris, not the RTW collection, so I sincerely doubt you could buy the original for less than $10,000, and you'd have to go to the atelier in Paris to get measured for it! You go girl - you did a fabulous job.
marcre said... (3/1/07 3:54 AM) Reply
I too love the colour Yhe outfit looks great and has that little bit of "attitude".I would love to see you in the dress. Happy wearing!!
NeedleandThread said... (3/1/07 2:26 AM) Reply
Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the colour!
ryansmumAria said... (3/1/07 0:56 AM) Reply
I love it! Your quite creative and will be the belle of the ball. I would add a third flower to the bottom though to balance it out and help anchor the look.
MichelleE said... (3/1/07 0:50 AM) Reply
That is AWESOME!!! I admire your creativity and ingenuity and with bargain fabric too - well done!!!
hongkongshopper said... (2/28/07 11:54 PM) Reply
Well done in meeting the deadline. The knock off is gorgeous.
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/28/07 11:32 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job. Your dress is beautiful. Where are you going to wear it? Do you have a special event coming up?
sewbehind said... (2/28/07 11:03 PM) Reply
Wow! That doesn't look anything like the original Simplicity pattern. Beautiful job. Are some of those flowers wool? They appear matte like wool.
Leora said... (2/28/07 10:41 PM) Reply
I love how the flowers provide a wonderful textural compliment to the bodice overlay. What a Stunning Dress!!! You should consider entering it in the Simplicity contest!
Chris Kelly said... (2/28/07 10:36 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW....this is beautiful!! Very nice!

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern