Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8193 (Very Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:cecelia

About ceceliastar
CT USA
Member since: 5/4/06
Posted on:3/7/07 7:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

inkstain said... (8/30/07 3:34 PM) Reply
I don't have a camera to show you, but the style with three quarter-length sleeves worked well for me in white cotton. I am 5'8", though with rather long arms, so carrying the drama of the sleeves was my objective after I saw this blouse worn with a full skirt for evening. I liked it so much, I made two of them!
xela said... (3/25/07 1:17 PM) Reply
Maybe a artists blouse without the sleeves. You look like you might just float away. Alas. But you did a great job and you look like enjoying yourself--which is the most important thing. Cheers
Re Becca said... (3/9/07 1:23 PM) Reply
You never know, someday taking flight might be handy! It would be a neat top with that fullness cut in half. Thanks for you review!
cecelia said... (3/8/07 2:15 PM) Reply
fuzzygalore--I agree the shorter sleeves might work. I actually like this top in a different version on Andread.
AnneM said... (3/8/07 5:49 AM) Reply
Wow, 9" shorter and you still have your full sleeves. Yes, you can still wear your top!
fuzzygalore said... (3/8/07 3:14 AM) Reply
Actually I like the sleeves, but I think it's this longer version that doesn't work... It ends up loking unbalanced. Compare with andread's version, that's the main difference, and hers just looks poofy as a whole, which is fine. In the longer version, the poofs look a bit like growths :-). Why don't you try pinning up the excess and seeing whether you like it? Of course a wild print would also help distract the eye from the sleeves :-). But I think that another problem is that all the recommended fabrics are very crisp, which makes sense for such volume, and your softer fabric just collapses. Mm.. this would be perfect for one of those super-crisp quilting batiks...
Helen near Sydney said... (3/8/07 2:13 AM) Reply
I appreciate your review, what a shame it didn't work out after all your effort.
krystalkaes said... (3/8/07 0:22 AM) Reply
Neat top. I like it.
Annette1 said... (3/7/07 7:54 PM) Reply
Well, puffy sleeves or not, you did a great job sewing it. I can't believe you cut off NINE inches. :o))) And I love that fabric, too. Maybe the puffier the sleeve, the more poetic/artistic, huh? Thanks for the review!

by: HRigg

by: geraldine

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)