Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3378 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:3/9/07 1:29 AM

threadneedle said... (6/17/07 1:26 PM) Reply
Annette, thanks so much for the photo of the front piece alteration you did. It makes so much difference to see it rather than to try to imagine it.
AnneM said... (3/11/07 9:21 PM) Reply
Great top on your top; I really like the higher neckline. I think it looks great exactly as you have it, and I just love that fabric. Wear your top with pride and confidence.
sarahb said... (3/11/07 4:28 PM) Reply
that top looks great on you, fun, fashionable and not too young--and it is just as flattering on a full figure as on someone "skinny"!!
OP Gal said... (3/10/07 2:23 PM) Reply
Great looking top. Thanks for the thorough review.
Larkin said... (3/10/07 1:44 PM) Reply
Great review. Great top! We're in the same place age and DD-wise. You've give great insight! Thanks.
SimsSews said... (3/10/07 9:09 AM) Reply
You did soo good, perfect fit and perfectly beautiful fabric. Knowledge is power, if I were you, I'd go get that other fabric, and a couple more too. BTW your 48 not 88, in your pictures you look like you may have hit 30! I bet Sherrill would be very proud.
ryan's mom said... (3/10/07 8:23 AM) Reply
Great top! Love the color and style on you!
Danvillegirl said... (3/10/07 7:03 AM) Reply
I too have a top like your green one that needs constant fiddling. The second one I made was a better fit, but a different knit. I like this top and I think my third one will be a charm. I think you got this one tamed and like the look of the print one on you.
SheriF said... (3/9/07 7:24 PM) Reply
Annette1, you must have the same condition I have - I call it reverse anorexia. I think I look great in the mirror, and then I see a pic and wonder who the hell that gal is! Both tops look great, and you have inspired me to try this pattern. I think I have purchased every twist top pattern except this one. Can't wait to see the taupe.
Elemenopeo said... (3/9/07 5:36 PM) Reply
You look great in this style. The print one seems to fit better though. But it could just be the print.
Annette1 said... (3/9/07 4:47 PM) Reply
That proves it then, Schnauzer: Great minds think alike! I can't wait to see yours. :o)
Schnauzer said... (3/9/07 4:40 PM) Reply
Lovely top Annette1 and a very timely review-I bought this pattern on Thursday!
Annette1 said... (3/9/07 4:21 PM) Reply
Levone: You sound like me. Boy, if I don't sew it up RIGHT OFF ... then it may NEVER get done. :o) Right now I've got a pair of pants linings cut out, and I need to do the pants next, but in the meantime, I ordered some wide-wale corduroy to make a spring jacket (lined in flannel), and I'm afraid if I don't do THAT right off, then it'll get too warm to wear it. So many big ideas, so little time. :o) Thanks!
Levone said... (3/9/07 3:23 PM) Reply
I think both of your versions look great on you! It's time for me to complete my top that's been cut out for months now.
Annette1 said... (3/9/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Moss: YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Now I have permission to buy my dark taupe wool doubleknit. I'd better get myself a magic wand, too. (Notice I said MY doubleknit.) And, Mini, I think you're exactly right: It needs to be some sort of anti-sleeze print. :o) Or maybe that DARK TAUPE WOOL DOUBLEKNIT. Sarah: Whaddaya' mean, "not-so-tender age"?>:o) Heh-heh-heh. And who you calling a lady? Thanks everybody. I feel much better now. Your comments and a little sleep seem to have done the trick!
khurtdvm said... (3/9/07 11:21 AM) Reply
I love that print!
SarahWeb said... (3/9/07 10:30 AM) Reply
Annette, I love your top. I know how you feel about maybe trying to look too young. I am 49 and sometimes think that way. But the TRUTH is, you look beautiful. Period. I know it sounds trite, but we ladies of a not-so-tender age have our own kind of beauty and class. Enjoy your top, and the others you will make!
Mini said... (3/9/07 9:53 AM) Reply
I like the print top too, and you can always wear these with a camisole to fill in the neck if needed. It's funny about close fitted tee shirts. I have a similar figure, and always feel kind of sleazy in a fitted tee in a light solid color, yet in a print the sleaze goes away and a close fit just looks flattering. The right fabric makes all the difference:).
cecelia said... (3/9/07 9:13 AM) Reply
I really like the print top. It fits you well, and isn't too low. I'll have to check out those changes so I can make mine with the higher top. Thanks.
christine A said... (3/9/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Annette- I really enjoy your reviews because you are about the same size as me! I am not as proficient as you so I do enjoy seeing what you make! I have had disaster with this style but I do love it and the empire style. I like the print top!
moss said... (3/9/07 8:31 AM) Reply
girl stop! Both those tops look HAWT on you and keep going with the fabric experimentation. I like the print one on you a lot, it looks great. *Waves wand* I hereby give you permission to buy that fabric on ffc.com :) As long as you post a picture, cos I know it will be looking FOXY!!
Annette1 said... (3/9/07 4:12 AM) Reply

Annette1 said... (3/9/07 3:22 AM) Reply

Annette1 said... (3/9/07 2:57 AM) Reply
Yes, that must be her, because I remember her saying something about that in her review. :o)
Elona said... (3/9/07 2:28 AM) Reply
Don't give up! The print top looks good on you (so does the green, actually), and no, you don't look as though you're trying to pass for a kid. I think some of your excellent alterations might have been inspired by Sherrill, who felt that teenage boys didn't need to be looking at their teacher's cleavage!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2011-137