Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3845 (Threads)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:3/12/07 1:48 PM
Last Updated:3/12/07 1:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants
AnneM said... (3/20/07 8:32 AM) Reply
Congrats on being able to sew! The badk of the pants are a little snug for the dressier style these seem to have; that gives them a more casual look. And I just placed an order from Zipper Stop; too bad I didn't include this 'hug snug'. Oh well. :)
Patzee said... (3/14/07 3:24 AM) Reply
I was just going to head to the message board to ask about Hug Snug. I saw it on Zipper Stop and wondered if anyone liked it. Guess so! Thanks for an excellent review.
ryan's mom said... (3/13/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Nice pants! I can't believe no one knew what seam binding was!!! Do they just have youngsters working at your JoAnn's? Glad to know it's renamed Hem Tape. I think I saw Hem Tape in the store the last few times I visited, but it didn't dawn on me that there was no "Seam Binding". You probably just saved me from having a dumb blonde moment in the store.
poplin said... (3/13/07 3:32 AM) Reply
Nancy, thanks for the review: a fun read at midnight. I just purchased Janet Pray's new DVD on zippers (no basting zipper applications!). Saw one application done at the SewExpo. Demo was done right before my eyes, and it was awesome! Sadly, I haven't got it yet in the mail.
Annette1 said... (3/12/07 8:01 PM) Reply
Great review, and a nice basic pants pattern!
cindy-lou said... (3/12/07 4:47 PM) Reply
Nancy, I love these pants-- they look great on you! You also win SuperSewist for the month of March, sewing just 3-4 days after a mojor surgery! Tough stuff, you are.

by: Erin Sooit