Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-13 (Flared Wave Skirt)

Viewed 2002 times

Posted on:3/12/07 8:19 PM
Last Updated:3/13/07 10:48 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Matilda_z said... (5/5/08 8:44 PM) Reply
What a great review! Thank you for being so thorough, and for all the tips and photos. Looks wonderful on you!
bananaoil said... (11/18/07 10:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on the petersham, I wouldn't have dreamed of pre-shrinking it.
LiZ said... (3/25/07 3:46 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt, your version looks so much better than the magazine picture.
megbud3000 said... (3/24/07 11:12 PM) Reply
I like this a lot more than the version in the magazine. Well done.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/20/07 6:20 PM) Reply
Belinda your skirt is stunning! I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear out of it - I LOVE it!!! :-)
AnneM said... (3/20/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, what a great combination of fabric, pattern, and trim. I'd read here before that there are different types of petersham; of course the good stuff is harder to find!
Schnauzer said... (3/14/07 11:23 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt Belinda!
Annika said... (3/14/07 4:36 PM) Reply
Fantastic! I was eyeing this pattern in Ottobre just last night...love your version of it.
Judy Wentz said... (3/14/07 9:54 AM) Reply
I love this skirt. You are a pro!!!
carolynw said... (3/14/07 9:20 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt!!
Zaneta said... (3/14/07 5:24 AM) Reply
You look oooh la la in this skirt! This is a really flattering and beautifully made skirt..GREY is so in this season!!
jnamcd said... (3/13/07 11:27 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh! I love this! I have that issue, and thought the skirt was o.k.--but after seeing yours, now I really want to make it! Thanks for such a great review! I've never done a petersham waistband before, so I wouldn't mind seeing a pictures of yours if you get a chance! Great review!
Karen8320 said... (3/13/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Belinda, I love this! The design is just fabulous and so different and much more stylish than anything I'm seeing in Australian shops at the moment. The fabric looks fantastic and suits the design really well. I also have a problem with skirt lining patterns that are cut straight when the skirt itself isn't straight. Thanks for the tip about cutting the lining from the skirt pattern. You've done another great job with this garment!
Chris Kelly said... (3/13/07 11:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for the update!!! I knew there was a few but alot of colors...wow!!!!
purpleseamstress said... (3/13/07 10:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for reporting back. I now think I might give a petersham waist a go, too.
LorelleD said... (3/13/07 5:18 PM) Reply
Thankyou for a well detailed review. I enjoyed reading it. I like your skirt it looks good on you. Also thanks for the information on shaping a petersham ribbon.
Tiner W said... (3/13/07 4:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt--and thanks for all the detail in your review. You saved my expensive linen!
quiltsammon said... (3/13/07 1:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I love the fabric you chose and the trim! I'm so glad you did a review! I'm planning on making this sometime this week. Although after seeing yours, I'm wondering if I've picked the right fabrics.
KarenP said... (3/13/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Wow, what a helpful review! I am definitely bookmarking this one for when I get around to making this skirt. Yours is beautiful.
Gold said... (3/13/07 10:32 AM) Reply
Nice skirt and it fits well to. Good job.
maybbm said... (3/13/07 10:28 AM) Reply
Great review! When I saw the Ottobre version, I was not that impressed with this skirt. However, yours does!
Sigrid. said... (3/13/07 9:46 AM) Reply
This is a stunning skirt, looks wonderful on you. I saw the ottobre in a shop the other day and did not buy it because I thought nothing was really interesting. The look of your skirt makes me change my mind. Must have been not so attractive in the magazine!
pterion said... (3/13/07 9:39 AM) Reply
A fabulous looking skirt and a great review. Thanks for all the helpful tips - I have another skirt pattern from this issue in the works and you have me rethinking the petersham waist treatment.
chrisquilts_2 said... (3/13/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Your version looks great! The version is the magazine is BLAH!.
Debbie Cook said... (3/13/07 9:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt Belinda!
Mel.J said... (3/13/07 7:43 AM) Reply
This looks great Belinda! Love the fabric, it works perfectly. :)
MissCelie said... (3/13/07 7:26 AM) Reply
I love it! It wlooks wonderful on you.
Danvillegirl said... (3/13/07 6:59 AM) Reply
Very figure flattering skirt!
Tany said... (3/13/07 4:33 AM) Reply
Wow, you did a great job!!
Marie-Claude said... (3/13/07 3:21 AM) Reply
Beau-ti-ful!!!!! Thanks for this very detailed review!! Can't want to get started on my skirt ;-)
Vonnevo said... (3/13/07 2:12 AM) Reply
Fabulous Belinda !!! I love how you have interpretted this design and made it super stylish with fabric choice and trim.
cindy-lou said... (3/12/07 11:51 PM) Reply
Belinda, the skirt is a definite winner and still would be with a different waistband. The fabric and the flounce totally make the look. Very professional looking!
Dmd4106 said... (3/12/07 11:40 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt and great review. Thanks for sharing
hongkongshopper said... (3/12/07 10:48 PM) Reply
Really nice Belinda!
purpleseamstress said... (3/12/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Love the review! I just got the first issue of Woman's Ottobre and look forward to making up their patterns. You did a great job with this one. Looks great on you.
Annette1 said... (3/12/07 10:11 PM) Reply
Boy, I really like your reviews. They're very thorough. I also appreciate the tips (and opinions) about the petersham waistband, too. I've seen a couple patterns that have called for this, but have never actually it. I may not now -- ha! The ribbin trim you added really emphasizes the design lines, which makes it very flattering, too. You look maaaaaaaaaaavelous! :o)
Lori V said... (3/12/07 10:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very helpful review, Belinda. Your skirt is so very pretty and it looks terrific on you.
slanden99 said... (3/12/07 9:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. The ribbon trim gives a nice touch
Linda G said... (3/12/07 8:54 PM) Reply
That is beautiful...and a great review.
Ingiepops said... (3/12/07 8:48 PM) Reply
Wow, you finished this quickly! I only got my magazine last week! Thanks for the thorough instructions, I was thinking of sewing up the other skirt but they also recommend a petersham waist which I was a bit dubious about; think I'll avoid it. Thanks for a great review.

by: Larisa