Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3408 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:purpleseamstress

About purpleseamstressstar
TX
Member since: 6/9/05
Posted on:3/12/07 10:16 PM

AnneM said... (3/20/07 8:22 AM) Reply
Cute top, great job on it. You seem to hvae the FBA process down.
crisford said... (3/13/07 11:32 AM) Reply
You got this to look oh so chic! Although you may want to add length to the bodice to make the dress, this shorter length for the top is perfect! Also, I love the color on you and the tie draping down below the hem! Very nice!
Puddin Pop said... (3/13/07 10:25 AM) Reply
Definitely, keep sewing. This is adorable and I too, love the color on you. Great FBA.
ryan's mom said... (3/13/07 7:19 AM) Reply
Nice wrap top! Great idea to just do the top for a quick, hip garment.
Joan in NM said... (3/13/07 5:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for the pic of your adjustments! I have to make the same ones. And I love how you just did part of the pattern. I have been looking for a wrap-top pattern for...forever! And now I know where to find it! Great job!
Karen8320 said... (3/13/07 2:41 AM) Reply
Purpleseamstress, the fit looks really good and I love the colour on you. I have never considered sewing up just the top portion of a dress pattern, but you've opened my eyes to the possibility. I'm not surprised you've received so many compliments. You've done a great job!
mClones said... (3/13/07 0:28 AM) Reply
You look great in your top. What tummy?
cindy-lou said... (3/12/07 11:48 PM) Reply
this is a great way to do a dress muslin-- if the top fits, probably the rest will, too-- and you get a cute top out of it (bonus!)-- it turned out well.
Annette1 said... (3/12/07 11:33 PM) Reply
Oh, I forgot: Thanks for the picture of your pattern adjustments, too. That's always helpful!
Annette1 said... (3/12/07 11:31 PM) Reply
I love your idea of making just the top. It fits you to a T, too. It also looks like it has a nice overlap, so you don't have to worry about it gaping open. Great job!

by: GeoP