Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4863 (Shawl Collar Jacket)

Reviewed by:Markie1

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Liz29 said... (12/4/08 10:34 AM) Reply
I am glad you had a good experience with this pattern I made this jackest also and had difficulty with the directions, thought they were confusing and had to use a size 10 on top and sixteen under the arm hole so I wouldn't have that large hole on the bottom on the sleeve and the huge space in the back...glad to know you had better results that I did
AnneM said... (3/30/07 8:37 AM) Reply
Nice base pattern, and you got surmounted those difficulties of your own making very nicely. (If you find cashmere for $2 a pound, let me know!!! )
cakehole said... (3/21/07 7:11 PM) Reply
OOh, that's lovely - I must look out for that pattern. And the vest is gorgeous!
SewTwin said... (3/18/07 11:47 PM) Reply
Markie, when you can say better than RTW, you have suceeded on your garment in my opinon! I would have used beige as the contrast, and the gray is a much better choice. I have several boucles and will know to be careful.
Annette1 said... (3/15/07 0:25 AM) Reply
I LOVE your combination of the jacket and vest, and you've done a great job! I have this jacket pattern, so why don't I just get busy and make me one, too, yours turned out so nicely. :o)
Marji said... (3/14/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Very nice. Has a bit of an exotic feel with the grey contrast.
Irene Q said... (3/14/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Great job - love the whole outfit! In spite of your problems, I think you should definitely move up to Intermediate - beginners don't do bound buttonholes and don't change patterns this much. :-)
Jane S said... (3/14/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful, terrific color combinations. I had a similar experience with a boucle fabric on the side panel for a Simplicity jacket that had the shoulde princess seam...makes me wonder if that's part of the issue also. But we get so picky when we sew for ourselves! I think it's a great result that you'll love wearing.
moss said... (3/14/07 8:24 AM) Reply
I love that jacket and vest together, really nice. :)
Ronda Rae said... (3/14/07 7:43 AM) Reply
Love your review. Informative AND fun! Cute results!
Danvillegirl said... (3/14/07 5:35 AM) Reply
Great job, very attractive jacket.
Sirrah said... (3/14/07 0:50 AM) Reply
Sorry!! :(
Sirrah said... (3/14/07 0:47 AM) Reply
I've read all your reviews and you have great ideas putting everything together and making them very dramatic and sytlish. You remind me of Markie Post on Night Court! Must be LA! :) I just moved from Dallas and found their warehouse district for fabric too and I miss it. I love the thrill of the fabric hunt. Great work!!
Sirrah said... (3/14/07 0:46 AM) Reply
Sirrah said... (3/14/07 0:46 AM) Reply
Sirrah said... (3/14/07 0:38 AM) Reply
Cheryl Reeves said... (3/13/07 11:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket.
Chris Kelly said... (3/13/07 10:16 PM) Reply
I just love the contrast colors on this...very nice! Thank you for the review!
Karen8320 said... (3/13/07 7:39 PM) Reply
Markie, I too love shawl collars. I think this looks fabulous! I would never have thought to include a contrast colour, but the effect is great. I'm sure you'll receive many compliments on this outfit.
Lori V said... (3/13/07 6:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful and stylish jacket. Love the vest and all your added extras on the jacket.
Linda G said... (3/13/07 6:34 PM) Reply
very nice....good review.
carolynw said... (3/13/07 5:40 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket - love the fabric and the contrast!!
blue mooney said... (3/13/07 4:25 PM) Reply
pretty, pretty, pretty!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/13/07 3:50 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, love the grey contrast. Great buttonhole tip
Heatherrique said... (3/13/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Still a very stunning jacket which appears nicely done! I think you should upgrade your skill level! You are definitely beyond adv beginner!
Elaine Dougan said... (3/13/07 2:26 PM) Reply
I think that you are more than an advanced beginner. Is there a definite set of criteria to help define the label that people should be attaching to their skills? I lowered my level from intermediate to advanced beginner, but that was only because that was how I was feeling.
MissCelie said... (3/13/07 2:22 PM) Reply
I love everything about it. You would never know from the look of it that it took so much work. It's just fabulous. And I want to steal that vest. Looking forward to the review!

by: dinagideon