Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2007-104 (Short sleeve jacket)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:3/27/07 9:05 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
Donna Likes Golf said... (4/26/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Love it, love it, love it! Wish I had started subscribing to BWOF sooner! I would definately make this. You did a great job (as always) and it looks wonderful on you. Pretty smile, girlfriend!
AlexaNJ said... (4/17/07 12:34 PM) Reply
I LOVE your fabric choice! It looks awesome on you! Wonderful job!!
Nancywin said... (4/10/07 10:21 AM) Reply
I love this jacket on you! I didn't like it in the magazine, but now I will have to go back and have a second look. Your fabric choice is perfect!
SandraB said... (3/30/07 5:53 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket Cidell. You always do such a fabulous job.
MissCelie said... (3/29/07 10:15 AM) Reply
Wow. Thanks everyone. I was really nervous about making this style. You guys are the best at making a girl feel good about prefering her sewing machine to a late night out!

SewSewSew, I did find I could fold it down, but I kept it up because it let me have an upturned collar like 'the kids' are wearing these days.

That being said, I had to wash it the first day I wore it because my MAC NW50 was all over the collar edge.

By all means make it, fold the collar down or shorten the collar. Or you could end the placket at the collar edge and wear it down.

SewSewSew said... (3/29/07 0:45 AM) Reply
This looks fantastic! I saw this in the magazine & liked the look but I don't find a stand up collar very comfortable, and wondered if the collar would be easy enough to fold down and wear it that way. I'm so glad that you have made it, as now I can ask you! Does it look and feel ok with the collar turned down when you are wearing it, or does it really need to be worn up in the style that you are wearing it. (Looks great on you, btw) Thanks
SewSewSew said... (3/29/07 0:44 AM) Reply
Karen6790 said... (3/29/07 0:27 AM) Reply
What a great jacket! I love how BWOF patterns can sometimes look so much better on a "real" person - I had no interest in this jacket from the magazine, but after seeing it on you, I'm mentally going through the fabric stash. Nice job, very nice review.
Tany said... (3/28/07 6:03 PM) Reply
Really good looking jacket! Wonderful job!
jnamcd said... (3/28/07 5:01 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! I love it! I might have to give that pattern a second look --oh great --so many patterns, so little time!!!
ChristineX said... (3/28/07 12:35 PM) Reply
Great job on that jacket! It fits you perfectly! I wasn't interested in this pattern before either, but it really is a nice piece and looks fabulous. Thanks for the review.
OP Gal said... (3/28/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Your jacket is just adorable. I love the fabric. The collar frames your face and that amazing smile beautifully. Great job.
SarahWeb said... (3/28/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket. I also like your idea of making this up for fall in wool or tweed. This seems to be a nice versatile pattern. Thanks for reviewing it!
Jane S said... (3/28/07 8:55 AM) Reply
Wow, this looks fantastic, just like a picture from an upscale catalog. Bravo!
Nancy K said... (3/28/07 7:25 AM) Reply
Great job! Looks terrific on you
fuzzygalore said... (3/28/07 4:19 AM) Reply
Ooh! I like this one :-). Your fabric works great (you're right, crispness is a must to keep that collar up). I think the collar is meant to engulf half your face - think of the current big Wendy coat for instance, which would work well closed up in a blizzard. Maybe this one is good in case you forget your sunscreen ;-)? I don't think you should line cotton though, unless it's with organza or something really light and really crisp, I'd be afraid it'd get too soft otherwise. Good job :-)!
hongkongshopper said... (3/28/07 0:20 AM) Reply
Good match with pattern and fabric!
AndSewOn said... (3/27/07 11:19 PM) Reply
Soooo nice!
Sew4Fun said... (3/27/07 7:54 PM) Reply
What a great spring jacket. I didn't even notice this pattern in BWOF. I need to take a 2nd look.
Karla Kizer said... (3/27/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Another great piece. Serious envy: is there anything that doesn't look wonderfully stylish on you?
Dr. Alice said... (3/27/07 7:04 PM) Reply
Too cute - very flattering fit! Thanks for the great review!
MeganJ said... (3/27/07 6:38 PM) Reply
This is wonderful! Nice fit, and very Spring.
poplin said... (3/27/07 6:28 PM) Reply
Wow!
sewbehind said... (3/27/07 6:22 PM) Reply
Seriously cute. I like it.
SewAriane said... (3/27/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Cute jacket! I will have to add this to my list.
LBJ said... (3/27/07 4:03 PM) Reply
You look fabulous. Very nice!
HenriettenDK said... (3/27/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Love it - and you have a great smile!
Lori V said... (3/27/07 3:31 PM) Reply
This jacket is so cute, it looks great on you.
Hilary said... (3/27/07 3:21 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous and looks very well done! Amazing how that button thing works, huh? LOL. I like your version better than WOF's! Thanks for the review!
regine said... (3/27/07 3:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful, suits you very well.
Heatherrique said... (3/27/07 1:58 PM) Reply
Absolutely a stunning jacket, Cidell!
Terri Smith said... (3/27/07 1:50 PM) Reply
Adorable. Thanks so much for such a great review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/27/07 1:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket could not be any cuter! I like the buttons better than snaps. Great review and great job on the jacket.
Chris Kelly said... (3/27/07 12:45 PM) Reply
This is so very cute on you! I love this fabric for the jacket....great idea!
Erica B. said... (3/27/07 12:42 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket... I love the fabric. It looks so "Spring-y"!
QuantumLobster said... (3/27/07 12:41 PM) Reply
This jacket is GORGEOUS! It looks amazing on you!!
sewitfitsyou said... (3/27/07 12:08 PM) Reply
That is such a great look on you! Love the fabric and the styling! I'm going to have to go look at that issue again.
mochalover said... (3/27/07 10:47 AM) Reply
Great jacket and I love your choice of fabric!
Elona said... (3/27/07 10:47 AM) Reply
Funny review! And a great-looking jacket.
Seamingly Simple said... (3/27/07 10:23 AM) Reply
I like yours better than Burda's. The buttons make it.
nicegirl said... (3/27/07 10:22 AM) Reply
I love the fabric print! Very stylish shape and polished look.
CarolynGM said... (3/27/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Nice spring look, and it fits you so perfectly! I love that fabric.
Cowtown Karen said... (3/27/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Another great review from you! Love it!
Gold said... (3/27/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Nice summer jacket and great colors.Well made. Love the clearance rack.
LauraM62 said... (3/27/07 10:15 AM) Reply
Really love it! Looks so classic on you, yet so fun!
Levone said... (3/27/07 10:12 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket!
madhatter said... (3/27/07 10:10 AM) Reply
this jacket looks wonderful on you - it's beautifully sewn and your fabric is lovely!
Re Becca said... (3/27/07 9:24 AM) Reply
I love it too! It looks very fun and very spring. I like the details like the belt carriers, and the collar/front placket. great job with some "left-over" fabric.

By Hand London Georgia Dress