Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4047 (50s Blouse)

Viewed 1971 times

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
sewtime said... (12/11/12 4:39 PM) Reply
So cute!!
SewWil said... (12/11/12 3:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty top in a great color! You achieved a great fit. Super cute hat. Love the outfit!
KensingtonCrab said... (12/11/12 11:58 AM) Reply
Love the neckline on this top! Very impressed with your hat making too!
sometime said... (12/11/12 10:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful. This is THE colour for you.
hongkongshopper said... (3/27/07 8:18 PM) Reply
That is one cute top!
AnneM said... (3/27/07 12:30 PM) Reply
I hadn't realized that this was a peblum blouse in this pattern. I have this thing w/ peblum blouses lately - although I haven't actually made any! Your top is very cute (it might be a touch wide in the upper back, but nothing that requires action). Love the clothes you have been making.
madhatter said... (3/26/07 6:20 AM) Reply
such a sweet blouse! thanks for the review, this pattern absolutely will go on my list!
Patzee said... (3/24/07 5:03 PM) Reply
Wonderful review! Thanks.
patsijean said... (3/24/07 3:16 PM) Reply
ooohh!!! This is great. I like the idea of running the zipper from the bottom up. Because of the waist seam, I don't see any other way. This is a beautiful top and you will get a lot of wear out of it once the zipper issue is solved.
OP Gal said... (3/24/07 10:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. It looks wonderful on you. I always love the way you pose in the pictures of your projects!
nicegirl said... (3/24/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Mochalover-I know the feeling! My brain is mush by the end of the day. Soliel--the pants I'm wearing are RTW. I do think I'll make the pants from the pattern eventually, but haven't yet. I need some fabric with a little stretch for those. `-)
SarahWeb said... (3/24/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and great review!
ryan's mom said... (3/24/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Just lovely!!! I have this pattern and bought some black/white patterned fabric at Paron's Annex for the jacket. Wow--your outfit looks terrific!! I sure wish they'd put your work on the pattern envelope covers :) .
Tiner W said... (3/24/07 0:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I've muslined this pattern and have been waiting for just the right fabric to make it in. Now I'm really inspired--I would have chosen something so boring! I'll look for a great color.
Soliel said... (3/24/07 0:47 AM) Reply
Very gorgeous, very unique. Did you have issues fitting the pants? You must have a lot of great clothes by now!
DeAnna said... (3/23/07 11:15 PM) Reply
A great top, and you get so much done.(Guilt, Guilt.) I think this would be great in jersey and skip the zipper.
Em's Summer said... (3/23/07 9:29 PM) Reply
I love vintage and I love this blouse! You did a great job!
LauraTS said... (3/23/07 8:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, esp. the info on the facing/lining and the zipper. I have this in my "to try" pile.
Sew4Fun said... (3/23/07 7:21 PM) Reply
Fab top! Your fabric choice is perfect.
Vonnevo said... (3/23/07 5:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mochalover said... (3/23/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Sorry for the typo/homophone. Sell and sale. I shouldn't leave comments after a long day at work :0). Sorry.
mochalover said... (3/23/07 5:36 PM) Reply
Wonderful, wonderful top!! The next Simplicity pattern sell I think I'm going to have to get this pattern.
blue mooney said... (3/23/07 4:19 PM) Reply
WAY CUTE!
Katharine in BXL said... (3/23/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Retro, stylish, individual, in a divine color on you. What's not to love?
nicegirl said... (3/23/07 3:42 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Your comments always give me such warm fuzzies. Gracias tambien a Madre de Heather. Pero, Nicole Kidman? I wish! She's gorgeous, not to mention at least a foot taller than me. heh.
ZoeP said... (3/23/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Fabulosa!! Please keep sewing you inspire me. Thanks
Pyrose said... (3/23/07 2:18 PM) Reply
Great review! That fabric looks really awesome. And I just love how you strike a pose for the camera. You look wonderful in it!
poplin said... (3/23/07 2:10 PM) Reply
I made this top too! Except I eliminated the belt. I love this top so much that I bought two patterns, just in case. Looks great on you.
Heatherrique said... (3/23/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Magnifica , Muchacha Dulce! Tu blusa es muy bella NiceGirl also glam and chic in Moulin Rouge
SueV said... (3/23/07 2:00 PM) Reply
very nice; you've sewn up a lot of things this week .... all beautiful!
ladybegood said... (3/23/07 1:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! The fabric really makes it... even if it gave you trouble with the facing, it was worth it.
squirrellypoo said... (3/23/07 1:44 PM) Reply
I LOVE it! I hadn't looked twice at that pattern but I love it on you, and it's now on my wish list... so classy, all your hard work really paid off.
cindy-lou said... (3/23/07 1:32 PM) Reply
Great blouse adn great review! I love the collar and sash. Thanks for working out the kinks so we won't have to! It's great, very you.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/23/07 1:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, love the dupioni. Another winner.
ChristineX said... (3/23/07 12:41 PM) Reply
Love the top! Great fabric selection!
frame said... (3/23/07 12:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/23/07 12:29 PM) Reply
Ooooooo! I'm so copying you. Your blouse is fabuloso! Thanks for the zipper and lining hints. Just fyi, no need to fully self-line--you could line (or underline) it fully with china silk or ambiance and then handstitch the facings to the lining/underlining.
Christina Sonja said... (3/23/07 11:59 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous, it looks great on you!

by: dulcinha