Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4922 (Princess Seamed Blouse)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/20/07 9:55 AM
Last Updated:7/25/07 12:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Annette1 said... (7/26/07 2:22 AM) Reply
What a great review, and a great outfit, as well! I really like your addition of the cap sleeves.
OP Gal said... (7/25/07 7:47 PM) Reply
I love that blouse! I think it's better looking than the Marc Jacobs inspirations piece. Great garments and great review, nicegirl. Thanks.
Nancywin said... (7/25/07 7:06 PM) Reply
Another great creation. Love the fabric yu chose for this one.
morzel said... (7/25/07 3:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! Even better, the dress! Love it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/25/07 12:36 PM) Reply
Wow, Nicegirl! You really raised the bar with this project. You used stash fabric, 'saved' a wadder (ruffles), drafted your own sleeve, used vintage fabric...I could go on and on, but do know it is fabulous!
Karen6790 said... (5/19/07 4:51 PM) Reply
Great dress! You've made me realize that I need to put the brown eyelet dress next up on my list of things to make. I think brown and black looks great together, don't worry - and those shoes would look good no matter what.
j222b said... (5/18/07 11:43 PM) Reply
THANKS. u r sew cute!!
kim*brown said... (5/18/07 10:42 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in this. Very chic!
bunz said... (5/18/07 8:37 PM) Reply
Wonderful how you put brown and black together -- really nice dress.
EastwoodFan said... (5/18/07 8:36 PM) Reply
You need to be on Project Runway. Your talent, creativity and style are fabulous.
Idosew said... (5/18/07 7:55 PM) Reply
Looks great and I love the idea of making the buttonholes before cutting out the placket. Sometimes on narrow fabric sections, the buttonholes are nerve-wracking! -Cathy
Lisa Merry said... (5/18/07 7:27 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have thought of putting the black accesories with the brown dress - it is a such a chic look! Love it!
Leora said... (5/18/07 7:20 PM) Reply
I am amazed it only took you 4 hours to make this *sah-weet* dress! I could never do it that fast... You Rock!
carolynw said... (5/18/07 6:39 PM) Reply
Lovely dress - lovely you!
MissCelie said... (5/18/07 5:59 PM) Reply
I am 100 percent in love with this. I love shirt dresses, I love brown, love it, love it, love it.
Aixoise said... (5/18/07 5:48 PM) Reply
One of your most becoming creations! You're so good at coming up with creative solutions.
Riordan said... (5/18/07 5:11 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely! I love shirtwaist dresses, and I love brown!! You look darling in it.
moss said... (5/18/07 3:28 PM) Reply
holy cow you are so glam!!!
Laurie Lou said... (5/18/07 2:48 PM) Reply
Dress: 5 Stars, Review 5 stars. You are right the brown and black are fantastic together! And I love the way you incorporated the 2 patterns together. I really really like the way that dress looks on you and the fit is perfect!
Levone said... (5/18/07 1:46 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I love the brown.
Annika said... (5/18/07 1:40 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Fantastic ensemble.
ChristineX said... (3/22/07 10:03 PM) Reply
Great take on the shirt! I love the sleeves.
dmoonangel said... (3/22/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Adorable top. Actually the whole outfit is really cool.
Heatherrique said... (3/21/07 12:29 PM) Reply
Totally rad, NiceGirl! I would not call it waitress-y at all! I would say a combination of 70's chic, 40's glamour, and Valley Girl allure. In other words, seductive, feminine, and eyecatching! The NiceGirl still beautiful as a blond with Matthew Broderick! Did she make that gown?
Em's Summer said... (3/21/07 10:45 AM) Reply
A lot of 70s looks are throwbacks to the 40s. Some aren't, but a lot of the 70s styles are. It's one of the reasons I love 70s patterns. I think your blouse definitely has a 40s/70s look to it. Good job!
SimsSews said... (3/21/07 8:15 AM) Reply
Admirable shirt, love your sleeves the most! Thanks for the tip about lining up button holes (and with pics too)!
AnneM said... (3/21/07 8:14 AM) Reply
You feared button holes? Glad you are getting over that. Cute modifications.
Larkin said... (3/21/07 1:11 AM) Reply
Nice Girl, Nice! Thanks so much for the detail on the review and all the pics - you've done such careful work and we'll all benefit. I love your blouse on you and I hope you find lots of occasions to wear it!
Karen6790 said... (3/20/07 10:03 PM) Reply
Much better - and much more interesting - than what's on the envelope. I think it's the color that says 70s waitress; different fabric would get you the vintage 40s look.
nicegirl said... (3/20/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments everyone! Hee Moss, now I'm going to have to go around saying that whenever I wear this top! How could I have forgotten her signature line? It's so awesome!
moss said... (3/20/07 2:33 PM) Reply
hee... it does look a bit "Alice" (kiss mah grits), but that's NOT a bad thing! It's cute!! and, it is WAAAY cooler than the envelope.
cindy-lou said... (3/20/07 1:36 PM) Reply
Another great, thorough review and a great interpretation of this blouse! I love it-- very different look than the envelope conveys. Super!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/20/07 1:00 PM) Reply
Great adaptations, love it !
Annika said... (3/20/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Another fun and funky piece for your eclectic collection!

Towne Purse Paper Pattern