Pattern Reviews> Lingerie Secrets> The Smoothie

Last Updated:3/18/07 9:20 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Athene said... (2/18/08 7:32 PM) Reply
I have the pattern but have not yet tried yet. Thank you so much for the review - its's very informative and I will be pulling it up when I make the panties. Your red panties look really nice.
AnneM said... (6/5/07 5:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the answer! (Finally checking back; I forget once in a while.)
Rustybobn said... (3/21/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Skymom, the pattern doesn't have you doubling the front, but it would be a fun place to use some stretch lace over the fabric (or alone). I can envision using that area as a place to embellish these.
Rustybobn said... (3/21/07 8:25 AM) Reply
Anne, I used my serger on the seams and to apply the elastic. I used my regular machine to zig-zag the elastic in place. You could certainly make them entirely on your regular machine. I've made plenty of panties that way. The pattern designer suggests seaming methods in the directions.
Skymom said... (3/20/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Just remember that the back piece is wide because it's also part of the front piece! The side seams are offset toward the front. Doesn't that make it seem less disconcerting?! Do these have a double-panel front?
AnneM said... (3/20/07 3:17 PM) Reply
Ah, panties that don't ride up. Nice. You're funny ("disconcerted when I saw the width of that back piece"); I'm certain the same would apply to me. Did you use your standard sewing machine?
OP Gal said... (3/19/07 6:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I didn't know you could make one of these.
Liane M said... (3/19/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about this one, so it's nice to see that it is true to size and works up well.
fuzzygalore said... (3/19/07 4:59 AM) Reply
Hey, be fair, that scary width in the back is what makes them not ride up :-)..
christine A said... (3/18/07 9:48 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have made a few pairs. I need to revisit this pattern too! i agree this makes a nice classic panty.
CarolynGM said... (3/18/07 9:48 PM) Reply
Nice. Those look like some I just bought for $8 a pair.
Elona said... (3/18/07 9:34 PM) Reply
Hey, the glamour version! It's a good-looking panty. I've got this pattern in my stash, and you have almost inspired me to venture into the feminine undie field. My foreign-born DFIL used to refer to all such garments as "flimsies."

by: FreyaStark