Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6557 (Misses Dresses)

Viewed 1951 times

Posted on:3/20/07 6:05 PM
Last Updated:3/22/07 8:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
SmilieFace said... (7/30/07 10:56 PM) Reply
Ah ha! That does make much more sense. I will remember that for next time. Thanks so much!
Nancywin said... (7/30/07 9:34 AM) Reply
Gosh, I made this so long ago, I don't remember. I did cut my midriff on the bias, but I think the curved part goes under the bust rather than at the waist. (believe, me, I've put plenty of pattern pieces together backward and/ or upside down!) Just a thought.
SmilieFace said... (7/29/07 8:56 PM) Reply
The fabric you picked works great. Thanks for the note about stay stiching. I had a problem attaching the midriff to the skirt. It seemed the midriff was curved, and the skirt didn't match. Thus my midriff section was only a few inches. Any ideas/suggestions?
LiZ said... (3/24/07 3:55 AM) Reply
I love that dress in the polka dots. Your DD looks lovely. My DD and I made View B of this pattern up in a black and white printed voile a couple of weeks ago and her dress is lovely too. We also found that the pattern tended to run large.
carolynw said... (3/23/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Nancy she's adorable!!
cindy-lou said... (3/23/07 7:26 AM) Reply
Nancy, what a beautiful daughter!!
HenriettenDK said... (3/23/07 4:43 AM) Reply
Very cute - so is the dress ;-)
sandrasdaughter said... (3/23/07 0:51 AM) Reply
Absolutely adorable!
Lori V said... (3/22/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Very cute.
Erica B. said... (3/22/07 10:34 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! Love the polka dots.
ChristineX said... (3/22/07 9:55 PM) Reply
This dress is so great on your daughter!! The style and the fabric work perfectly together! I want this dress lol
MissCelie said... (3/22/07 9:39 PM) Reply
So stinking cute!
tomed said... (3/22/07 9:17 PM) Reply
Your daughter looks great in this dress! Very nice job.
patternJunkie said... (3/22/07 9:12 PM) Reply
This makes me want to tackle my dress agan. Great job
Em's Summer said... (3/21/07 10:37 AM) Reply
That's a cute dress! Just perfect for warm weather!
carolynw said... (3/21/07 10:12 AM) Reply
Simply beautiful. Please post photo of daughter wearing it when you can get her to "pose".
Frogstitcher said... (3/21/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Stunning dress and great review.
OP Gal said... (3/21/07 7:16 AM) Reply
That's a really cute dress. I love the way you used the varied the direction of the dots. It really adds to the dress. I love rayon, too, but it can be tricky to sew. You did a great job.
AnneM said... (3/21/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Pretty. This is my favorite view of this pattern. Good you were able to save the dress.
Chris Kelly said... (3/21/07 0:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful Job! I hope your DD loves it as much as her boyfriend. Glad your feeling better! Your DD looks BEAUTIFUL in her dress!!!!
Karen8320 said... (3/20/07 6:58 PM) Reply
Nancy, this looks lovely and I'm sure that your daughter looks gorgeous in it. I love the colour of the fabric. Thanks for all of the advice about pattern and fabric included in your review.
Tany said... (3/20/07 6:53 PM) Reply
Wow Nancy, this is beautiful! Your daughter must be very happy!
Annette1 said... (3/20/07 6:50 PM) Reply
This is the second time I've seen this pattern reviewed, and I REALLY like both the dresses. Your red one is just perfect! Thanks for the great review!
icansew! said... (3/20/07 6:42 PM) Reply
The dress looks really great - what a lovely pattern and fabric combo. If I ever need a summer dress, I'll bear this pattern in mind.
cindy-lou said... (3/20/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Wow, Nancy, if she decides she doesn't like it (which she won't) then pack it up and send it to me!!! I've thought about re-making this in a fun, light fabric. I'll be sure to staystitch. BEAUTIFUL DRESS!

More Knits