Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3201 (Women Scrubs)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:3/21/07 12:58 PM
Last Updated:3/21/07 12:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Plus
DVon said... (10/13/08 5:53 AM) Reply
Not sure what, "added 1in.FBA" means. This is for my sister, normally a sz.3X but,needs wider in the hips. Should I buy size 3 or 4X and do some alterations?
SewMommyof3 said... (1/14/08 10:01 AM) Reply
What was the final verdict as far as fit for your sister? I have purchased this pattern and the fabric to make a set, but I'd love to hear how the final fit was on this pattern before I chose my size.
AnneM said... (3/25/07 5:04 PM) Reply
Very nice of you to make these for your DSis. Nice variety.
LiZ said... (3/24/07 4:26 PM) Reply
Your sister is lucky to have you sew for her. Love the colours and the neckline trims look really great.
SewTwin said... (3/24/07 2:11 AM) Reply
As always, your reviews are complete and interesting. Also, you have a good eye for color. I agree on the salmon and green, very summery! She can just tell everyone she shops at a designer boutique for scrubs. Truth is "you" designed them for her. I am sure the patients like the variety..
Karla Kizer said... (3/22/07 9:42 PM) Reply
They look great, and I'm sure the quality of the fabric is better than that found in RTW scrubs. Another idea for the back neckline: I use a KS scrubs pattern, too, and I redrew the back facing so that it's a deep U-shape - maybe 4 or 5 inches at the CB. I'm sure when I saw it in RTW, the purpose was hanger appeal, but I liked it, and when it's topstitched in place, it adds a subtle design element.....and yeah, it looks better on the hanger, too.
Deepika said... (3/22/07 11:21 AM) Reply
What a nice set of scrubs. I love all the fabrics you chose.
carolynw said... (3/22/07 10:31 AM) Reply
Great job Debbie - one lucky sister!!
hongkongshopper said... (3/22/07 5:19 AM) Reply
Very colourful! Lucky sister.
Diana M said... (3/21/07 9:52 PM) Reply
Well, I'm just IMPRESSED with the way those V-necks turned out! Did you follow the KS pattern directions, or do you have a TNT method for those?
Linda G said... (3/21/07 8:48 PM) Reply
Very nice sister...
PVA said... (3/21/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Great Scrubs! Wow, you have one very lucky DS! But, I certainly understand how you wouldn't want to go into mass production! You're too creative for that.
sewbehind said... (3/21/07 7:25 PM) Reply
Great looking scrubs, Debbie. My personal favourite is the centre one, the one with the salmon, turquoise, black and other colours.
Sew4Fun said... (3/21/07 7:09 PM) Reply
Great scrubs Debbie. Your sister is one lucky girl. I hope you keep dropping not so subtle hints about this fact. ;-)
fuzzygalore said... (3/21/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Wow! I'd love to see these if I was sick :-). You're a very good sister...
Debbie Cook said... (3/21/07 5:03 PM) Reply
khurtdvm, The sleeves are set in flat before the sideseams are sewn. The top has a slight drop shoulder and there is no ease in the sleevecap so the sleeves sew in 1:1 with the armhole. Easy-peasy!

Thanks everyone. My sister keeps telling me I could start a business just with her co-workers but she really doesn't want me to make *everyone's* scrubs, only hers. :-) Besides, it wouldn't be fun anymore.

christine A said... (3/21/07 3:47 PM) Reply
I am a nurse who can truly appreciate these!!! I must make myself some! Love the fabrics! I wish I were your sister!!
OP Gal said... (3/21/07 3:46 PM) Reply
Very snazzy. Your sister is lucky, she'll be the best dressed medical professional around. I especially like the fabrics in the center one (salmon and turquoise with striped trim).
Terri Smith said... (3/21/07 3:03 PM) Reply
More great scrubs! I like the neckline treatments and will refer to them when I make DD#2's next scrub set. Thanks.
MissCelie said... (3/21/07 2:02 PM) Reply
These are amazing. My mom is a nurse, but isn't on the wards anymore. If she was, I would make her a dozen of these. They beat plain boring green any day.
Elona said... (3/21/07 1:34 PM) Reply
I love the neckline treatment, Debbie. Too cool!
khurtdvm said... (3/21/07 1:24 PM) Reply
So when you do set in sleeves for the scrubs, do you set them in flat or in the round? Just curious....
jjwalker said... (3/21/07 1:05 PM) Reply
These are FABULOUS! So "boutique" looking for scrubs! I'm sure your sister will love them...if only *I* could wear scrubs to work...

Understanding Sheer Fabrics