Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-112 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:Dale C

About Dale Cstarstarstar
HI United States
Posted on:3/21/07 10:53 PM

Bellydancing said... (3/30/07 0:30 AM) Reply
Wow, I'm surprised you don't think it looks good on a smaller chest. I am a B cup and wear this style all the time. I plan on making this pattern for myself. Try wearing it a few times before you decide to get rid of it. Also, have you thought about opening the side seams at the hips to give you a looser fit?
Annette1 said... (3/29/07 0:48 AM) Reply
I hope it grows on you, because it sure is a cute top!
AnneM said... (3/25/07 6:15 PM) Reply
I've often wondered about this, and even bought the Simplicity twist-top version, but being small busted I've had my doubts. I'm concerned the knot will look like a 3rd breast. It certainly does look good on your dress form, though.
tericloth said... (3/24/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Frankly, I think the twist top looks best on women who are an A or B cup. More than that, and I get a vision of headlights -- or, "boobs comin' at ya!" -lol-
MelissaB in WA said... (3/22/07 9:44 AM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work for you. I think it looks cute, but if you don't feel comfy in it, then I guess what is the point of keeping it. I agree, don't toss the pattern - this is popular and I'm sure someone would love to get it from you.
Levone said... (3/22/07 8:41 AM) Reply
Cute tee, sorry it didn't work out for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. I definitely want to try this one again.
MelC said... (3/22/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Hi Dale - Don't throw that pattern in the trash - sell it or pass it on. There are quite a few people out there who would love to get hold of this pattern. I was fortunate to find someone to sell me their used copy. I've yet to make it and I found your review really helpful. I, too, am not a Barbie and I've been wondering if I would end up finding I feel the same way you do once I make it up. I was thinking of trying it as a swimsuit top. I get so inspired here sometimes that I kind of put out of my mind what I know works or doesn't work for me especially in terms of what I feel comfortable wearing. Your top looks great and what a find in your fabric. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Linda G said... (3/21/07 11:22 PM) Reply
I think you should wear it a couple of times before you donate it...I am sure it will grow on you...I think it looks great.
hongkongshopper said... (3/21/07 11:01 PM) Reply
Thats a shame. I have the pattern, but yet to make it up. Someday.....maybe....

Kwik Sew 3238