Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Crossover Knit Top)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

Posted on:3/22/07 10:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 33 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

AnneM said... (3/27/07 5:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. Your top is very nice. Hopefully it lasts longer than the fabric quality would lead you to expect. I'll know to size down when I try this (which is on the - very long - list).
RobinE said... (3/25/07 5:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review-- especially concerning the sizing. And it looks great on you!
LiZ said... (3/24/07 4:49 PM) Reply
Lovely top Belinda, its a pity about the fabric quality as the colour looks really great on you.
Heatherrique said... (3/24/07 3:27 AM) Reply
Wearable muslin, Belinda? This looks very RTW, but better! Fabulous fit and nice work! Thanks for the heads up on wrap version!
Vonnevo said... (3/23/07 7:36 PM) Reply
Love it Belinda ! Shame about the SL fabric quality, but the cornflower blue is definitely your colour. Another great review - thank you :))))
sewing for fun said... (3/23/07 6:32 PM) Reply
Very beautiful top! I find your reviews to be evry thorough and helpful! Thanks!!!
Terri Smith said... (3/23/07 6:21 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern last weekend with this view in mind. Thanks so much for the heads up on size. Great review and I like your top.
JenSews2 said... (3/23/07 6:05 PM) Reply
Your top came out cute and is flattering! I still want to make mine again with some adjustments since the style is nice.
CherylStillSews said... (3/23/07 5:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Belinda - this is on my to-do list. I've just made up that fabric as well - luckily I got it for about $2/m on sale as there was something really wonky with the grain.
Mufffet said... (3/23/07 3:49 PM) Reply
Very cute top! Great fabric. Nice fit. :)
SusiM said... (3/23/07 2:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the information n your review. Your garment is beautiful. I'm about to cut out this pattern. Your review came just in time.
OP Gal said... (3/23/07 1:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very detailed review. Your top seems to fit beautifully, so when you make it in a fabric you like, you should have a winner!
ryan's mom said... (3/23/07 11:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! And a timely review too. I'm whipping up two more of the gathered scoop neck style, then moving on to the wrap version. Very helpful review!
BillieJ said... (3/23/07 11:04 AM) Reply
I am just about to make the crossover top so your review is well-timed. I am also the same size as you, so a double thanks!
Jane S said... (3/23/07 10:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a useful reivew. I've tried a quick muslin and didn't like that excess ease and your great result will send me back to start again.
Frogstitcher said... (3/23/07 9:16 AM) Reply
This is a good review. I'll be sure to refer to it once I pull this pattern out of my stash to try. The fabric looks lovely, and not poor quality at all.
Levone said... (3/23/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you! Very helpful review as well.
MissCelie said... (3/23/07 7:59 AM) Reply
The fabric is just adorable. I also appreciate the details on the ease. Great reveiw and the top is so cute!
Tany said... (3/23/07 5:15 AM) Reply
Thank you for this very helpful review!
JulieR said... (3/23/07 4:29 AM) Reply
Very smart top Belinda. Thanks for the tip on the fabric. I like the look of the fabric so much I probably would have headed to Spotlight tomorrow.
MareeAlison said... (3/23/07 1:51 AM) Reply
Belinda - great review as usual and very helpful about the FBA. I like the look of the fabric although it's a shame about the quality. I have this pattern and have yet to make it up. You've convinced me to give it a go.
sewbehind said... (3/22/07 11:29 PM) Reply
Very nice top. The fabric looks good, but if you are not happy with it better splurge for something more to your liking. The cut is certainly flattering to you.
Sherril Miller said... (3/22/07 10:52 PM) Reply
I like the fabric, it turned out cute. I wish I liked my top from this pattern. Maybe if I had your body. . .
Schnauzer said... (3/22/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Pretty top Belinda!
Erica B. said... (3/22/07 10:35 PM) Reply
Cute top! The fit is terrific!
Debbie Cook said... (3/22/07 10:29 PM) Reply
Great review, Belinda, very helpful! The top looks great even if you're less than thrilled with the fabric.
Linda G said... (3/22/07 10:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty as is everything you sew.
jnamcd said... (3/22/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Great fit! The fabric doesn't look cheap--it looks really nice on you!
jessika said... (3/22/07 10:19 PM) Reply
Cute and beautiful fabric.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2009-109