Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2942 (Donna Karan Dress)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

storres56 said... (5/1/10 4:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I love your modifications.
Tishlishl said... (2/3/10 2:48 PM) Reply
You absolutely do great work! I have this pattern also and have hesitated thinking it would make me look like I was wearing maternity--you added the ribbon for definition!!! Great idea. Wonderful construction, again!
thegreatzaza said... (10/29/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful job on this dress, and thanks so much for the comment on the length. I would have been very unhappy if I'd have sewn this with the length as is. Your photos are high quality and very helpful. Thanks!
AuntieShel said... (3/18/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Erica, I thought I remembered that someone had reviewed this dress and went searching for the review--there was your beautiful dress. Your review was so helpful, the dress looks difficult to me, but you have convinced me that I could do it. Fabulous as always!! Thank you!
Mahler said... (10/25/07 10:30 PM) Reply
Erica, This is simply magnificient ! You look so great and your dress is to dream for ! congratulations !
Nancy K said... (9/15/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Just beautiful and your photos are always great and informative.
Squeezylemon said... (8/31/07 6:34 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone above Erica - you are like a model for Vogue, and I just love every single outfit you make! Would you consider giving classes in how to be so stylish??!!
cnp71203 said... (4/8/07 1:32 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks fantastic on you!
kim*brown said... (3/27/07 6:39 PM) Reply
Erica your dress turned out extremely sophisticated. I love it. I'm envisioning a sheer ribbon as well, the name of the fabric I'd use is on the tip of my tongue....I love how well it fits you! This would be a perfect dress for a summer wedding.
AnneM said... (3/27/07 5:29 AM) Reply
Your ribbon addition really adds to this dress (and I'm someone who usually isn't a ribbon fan). You did a great job on this dress. And you must have a great wardrobe!
madhatter said... (3/26/07 6:24 AM) Reply
awesome! the dress is great, and you really can wear that in style!
Penny0903 said... (3/25/07 10:42 AM) Reply
Are the pleat edges finished? I have the pattern and can't tell if top edges of pleats are finished, doesn't appear that way. My email Pennymortgages@aol.com Thank you
Boo97 said... (3/24/07 8:31 PM) Reply
Erica, I ALWAYS look forward to your reviews.
Marji said... (3/24/07 5:31 PM) Reply
looks great! This one is on my cutting table right now, love your notes, they will come in helpful. I too want to be at your photo-shoots ;)
Heatherrique said... (3/24/07 1:08 AM) Reply
Alluring, feminine, trendy all in one! Beautiful job, Erica!
Charlene McGill said... (3/24/07 1:05 AM) Reply
As always, excellent work. I agree with everything Karen8320 said previously. Looking forward to your next project. Happy Sewing!
Chris Kelly said... (3/23/07 11:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!!
Em's Summer said... (3/23/07 9:36 PM) Reply
I love Donna Karan designs and I love your dress! You did a really great job!
TERRI said... (3/23/07 6:24 PM) Reply
when I grow up want to be just like you...you go girl awsome i get excited as soon as i see your name ...i know it is a winner
xela said... (3/23/07 4:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful--you and the dress. Great review.
Janice C. said... (3/23/07 1:24 PM) Reply
You will enjoy wearing such a fabulous dress.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (3/23/07 1:07 PM) Reply
Lovely. Absolutely beautiful.
KarenP said... (3/23/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous! It looks like a very expensive designer dress.
nicegirl said... (3/23/07 11:52 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Very couture!
ryan's mom said... (3/23/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Woo Hoo EricaB! Terrific dress!!!
Soliel said... (3/23/07 11:41 AM) Reply
Looks very designer and suits you well. Wow, how elegant!
Jane S said... (3/23/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Wow, your result is so much nicer than the pattern picture. What a great sense of style and design in all your garments. Thanks for sharing them with us.
ribbit2jen said... (3/23/07 10:40 AM) Reply
Awesome dress, I always love the things you sew!
greenmommie said... (3/23/07 10:39 AM) Reply
amazing! The things you tackle amaze me. It's just beatufiul!
ConnieBJ said... (3/23/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh - Erica - that is THE most fabulous dress! I definitely love everything that you review - and I enjoy reading your blog too. Simply gorgeous.
CarolynGM said... (3/23/07 9:08 AM) Reply
I think this dress was designed especially for you.
Kay Y said... (3/23/07 9:01 AM) Reply
Wow - what a winner! Fabulous execution, looks great on you.
Levone said... (3/23/07 8:46 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! It looks great on you.
lindrix said... (3/23/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Erica this is a stunner! Very chic look and beautiful work. I too always enjoy your pictures.
MissCelie said... (3/23/07 7:48 AM) Reply
At first I just wanted to sew like you, now, I want to be 5'9 also! The dress is fabulous.
Tany said... (3/23/07 5:44 AM) Reply
LOVE IT!! Five stars out of five!!!
Marita Kinnula said... (3/23/07 2:02 AM) Reply
WOWZAAAA!!! Love it, you look to good to be true, congrats, love the surroundings of the shoot too. Marita
Vonnevo said... (3/23/07 1:31 AM) Reply
Love the dress, style, photo ! Heck, everything is fabulous Erica :)))
Karen8320 said... (3/23/07 1:23 AM) Reply
Erica, you truly are a very inspirational sewer. You make everything so individualized and special, with your own designer touch. I love seeing everything you sew. This is another gorgeous creation and, of course, you look stunning too!
Christina Sonja said... (3/23/07 0:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. You look amazing in this dress! Nice fabric, too.
BeckyC said... (3/23/07 0:10 AM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely stunning on you! Another wonderful garment that you've shared with us. Thank you!
moushka said... (3/22/07 11:49 PM) Reply
Erica, I always feel like I'm on a fashion shoot for Vogue when I see your fabulous garments and photos. You always look beautiful! Thank you for a great review. Are you going to make the jacket? The dress is stunning :-) Sue
Stacy Sews said... (3/22/07 11:39 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you!!!! It looks fantastic.
sewbehind said... (3/22/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress as always. You do nice work and wear your outfits with panache.
Sew4Fun said... (3/22/07 11:09 PM) Reply
Stunning!!! The sash is the perfect finishing touch to pull in the waist and give the dress shape. Maybe we should organise to have a PR photo shoot at Erica's house. LOL!
carolynw said... (3/22/07 11:08 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh Erica - this is absolutely gorgeous. How you keep doing this is amazing - you truly are gifted!!
Frogstitcher said... (3/22/07 11:02 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. I never would have guessed that this was a knit.
Lori V said... (3/22/07 10:56 PM) Reply
I commented on your blog, but this dress deserves seveal comments. Awesome, you do incredible work. I would love to be at a photo shoot, too. Fun to watch plus get to see all you creations first hand!
jnamcd said... (3/22/07 10:50 PM) Reply
I agree with Debbie --awesome photos! This dress looks great on you!!
RobynB said... (3/22/07 10:40 PM) Reply
That is a fabulous dress. It looks perfect on you. And I love your ribbon sash. Actually I just love everything about it. :)
Debbie Cook said... (3/22/07 10:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You know, I would love to see your photo sessions ... I have visions of you running back and forth into the house for a change of clothes, shoes piled up ready for the next outfit, and your DH waiting patiently at the end of the driveway. LOL! Your photos are always fantastic!

Grainline Studio Hemlock Tee