Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> V023 (Cute Skirts)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:3/23/07 2:36 PM
Last Updated:3/27/07 1:08 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Schnauzer said... (3/29/07 0:37 AM) Reply
A lovely skirt Debbie and a belated Happy Birthday!
Sherril Miller said... (3/28/07 11:20 AM) Reply
Men! I hope you set him straight about the slip. I like the fabric, and the longer lining adds a nice girly touch.
Marji said... (3/28/07 9:48 AM) Reply
LOL, you are too funny. Overthinking indeed! Came out beautifully. I love that underskirt showing out the bottom. my dh would say exactly the same thing too ;)
hongkongshopper said... (3/27/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Debbie, Happy Birthday! Great skirt - you made it your own.
Sew4Fun said... (3/27/07 7:49 PM) Reply
Men! I hope you enjoyed your day and pressies. The skirt looks lovely on you.
Tov said... (3/27/07 4:45 PM) Reply
Cute skirt, and the blouse does match perfectly! Love the sandals as well. Hope your birthday was great!
Janice C. said... (3/27/07 3:57 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt - great fabric too !
AnneM said... (3/27/07 9:58 AM) Reply
The double layer makes the skirt look so summery; great idea.
LiZ said... (3/24/07 4:41 PM) Reply
Great skirt, I like the idea of the lining showing at the bottom.
cecelia said... (3/24/07 2:33 PM) Reply
Oh good, another "overthinker." I can identify with that. It came out very pretty though, ahhh, next time will be easy!
OP Gal said... (3/24/07 10:17 AM) Reply
I love it. What a breezy summer skirt. I really enjoyed reading the process involved in making this skirt. Now I know why you've called me on "overthinking" a time or two--you're a fellow victim of overthinking yourself! It takes one to know one, eh? lol
CarolynGM said... (3/24/07 7:30 AM) Reply
This pattern sounds intriguing! The two-layer approach looks great. The way you did the waistband turned out very smooth and professional looking.
Rustybobn said... (3/24/07 7:10 AM) Reply
Very nice, Debbie! Lovely garment, and as always an enjoyable (when you're reading about it) adventure to get there!
Heatherrique said... (3/24/07 1:14 AM) Reply
Another gorgeous piece, Debbie! I can imagine myself listening tp Jimmy Buffett croon while sipping a tall glass of ..............icy strawberry Kool aid (stopped "drinking" real stuff years ago)
Lori V said... (3/23/07 10:00 PM) Reply
Cute skirt, Debbie.
Hilary said... (3/23/07 8:11 PM) Reply
Debbie, I *love* your skirt!! After all that effort, you came up with a lovely, summery & unique interpretation of this pattern! I really like the lining peeking out-it IS romantic :o) And I just knew it was yours when I saw the pic-the fabric is really cute! Well done, as always.
PVA said... (3/23/07 7:42 PM) Reply
Great skirt -- love the idea of more panels in the back & back waist with elastic! I did that once a long time ago as a result of a class with Judy Barlup. Thanks for reminding me! (That is the extra panel in the back. The elastic only in the back I haven't done . . . yet! (grin)
Linda G said... (3/23/07 7:12 PM) Reply
Very cute...funny I had a meeting out of town and was thinking about what things that I am going to finish sewing and was thinking the very same thing making the lining longer than the skirt ...there were a couple of cute ideas for that in the Jan Burda magazine that inspired me...we'll see if I get it done...you are an inspiration!!!
Sew4Fun said... (3/23/07 7:10 PM) Reply
Great skirt! I really like the lining showing at the bottom. As for overthinking, don't we all do that? :) Another form is "analysis paralysis". At least you finished your skirt. ;-)
BjP said... (3/23/07 5:52 PM) Reply
What a fabulous result from your overthinking! Love, love the underskirt and your hem treatments.
Tany said... (3/23/07 4:37 PM) Reply
Thank you for a very helpful review!
carolynw said... (3/23/07 3:55 PM) Reply
Good thinking and thanks for a good laugh - your skirt is lovely. Traipsing through a store today and saw a top exactly like the one you reviewed yesterday for $58 - we sewers are certainly ahead aren't we?
Katharine in BXL said... (3/23/07 3:52 PM) Reply
Cute skirt!
patternJunkie said... (3/23/07 3:49 PM) Reply
This is next on my list!!
FloraNature said... (3/23/07 3:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty and so creative - I've been thinking of doing something similar - I've got some nice cotton lawn embroidery anglaise that would look nice showing under a light summer skirt. Well done!!!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/23/07 3:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful you overthinker you! lol I like it a lot! This is the most used skirt pattern in my collection. I like how easy it is to make and since I wear my shirts untucked, the back elastic waist doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I have about 6 more already cut out that I need to sew (all from marked down Tracy Porter fabric from Joann's ~ like $2/yd).

by: Heatherriq...