Mood Fabrics

Reviewed by:Nan

About Nanstarstar

Posted on:1/7/03 7:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
said... (10/27/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Nan, you've written a helpful review for an outfit I have been contemplating - and now I can't wait. However, I cannot open the photo, and I am very curious to see your results, which I see everyone else is raving about. Would it be possible to post a photo with a different program or link? Thanks very much in advance.
Bonnie1 said... (7/26/07 4:22 PM) Reply
I have just finished making the skirt and I agree, it is fairly easy. I have gathered the hem and hand stitched it; however, I just might remove the stitching, cut the hem down, and machine stitch the hem. I am almost finished with the jacket. However, it took me longer than usual because I had to alter this dress tremendously (for size---I am making it for someone else). I believe this pattern is not for a beginner sewer; however, with it's small challenges, I would make this pattern again. I used a Poly Shantung and I did not line the jacket!
Melanie-Austria said... (10/5/05 3:32 AM) Reply
Dear Nan, I have just received this pattern which I ordered some days ago. Of course I would like to see what results you got from the pattern, but unfortunately I cannot access the picture. Could you send it to me or post the correct link? My e-mail: waste1@aware.at Thank you so much, can't wait to see the outcome Regards from Austria Melanie
frogs2 said... (6/6/03 3:27 PM) Reply
Your outfit looks so good, I bought the pattern to use for my wedding outfit, in silk dupioni. Wish me luck (and send suggestions!) Thanks for a really convincing review.
cindyann said... (1/8/03 10:21 AM) Reply
Fabulous! That jacket is oh so nice! I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one to sew zippers in the wrong place/ upside down. As I did last night. Rip, rip, rip. Thanks for this review.
NancyDaQ said... (1/8/03 3:38 AM) Reply
Ooh la la! Tres chic. The jacket kind of reminds me of Princess Di's "Elvis" jacket.
Susan Parker said... (1/8/03 0:21 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Everytime I browse through the Vogue catalog my eyes inevitably land on this very pattern. Fab job. I think it's the collar that makes this jacket standout. It definitely is sexy without being vulgar. Two thumbs up!
Lynngray said... (1/8/03 0:08 AM) Reply
Wow, It's beautiful. I bet you were the hit of the party. Great work
Nan said... (1/7/03 11:55 PM) Reply
Susan, I really liked the drape of the rayon brocade--its less stiff than other brocades I've seen. Thanks Anne and Teri
Teri said... (1/7/03 11:46 PM) Reply
Ann, what a knockout!
susanbb said... (1/7/03 11:19 PM) Reply
Oooh! This is that one I was eying! You made it! It's gorgeous. The jacket fabric looks especially sumptuous. Susanbb
AnneM said... (1/7/03 9:28 PM) Reply
Wow! You aren't wearing that to the pizza parlor, I would guess. I am certain you looked stunning in it.

You Sew Girl City Bag Pattern