Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4946 (Scrub top)

Reviewed by:Sewliz

About Sewlizstar
CO USA
Member since: 6/22/04
Posted on:3/25/07 6:25 PM
Last Updated:3/25/07 6:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Uniforms

zolazee said... (12/4/12 11:53 PM) Reply
Thank you! Everything is clearly written except for the neck facing, I still cant figure out what they want, feel like I'm standing on my head trying to decipher that "drawing"
suzanrossi said... (5/2/07 10:11 AM) Reply
What a lovely connection with your daughter you're making! I also wonder what the fabric says - anybody out there?
AnneM said... (4/4/07 1:33 PM) Reply
The instructions do sound a bit weak! Cute top - so, what does the fabric say?
Laurie Lou said... (3/28/07 2:59 PM) Reply
...hmm very interesting. I love the fabric, your review and the alteration you made at the waist! I'm going shopping now! Thanks! Maybe another pattern company has scrubs that the instructions would be bbetter., I see your points. If I make this top don't tell anyone I am not a nurse. your top would look great with a pair of jeans!
Linda G said... (3/26/07 7:28 AM) Reply
Very cute, and I love the fabric, not the traditional looking scrub fabric.
khurtdvm said... (3/25/07 11:27 PM) Reply
Sewliz, my TNT scrub top pattern is from McCalls, but they also have poor instructions for the V-neck. I have recently found that the instructions in Simplicity scrubs make my V-necks look much better. It takes a little more prep work, but no handsewing, and no cursing now. :) Oh, yeah - and your finished product is great! She'll be the envy of her coworkers.
sewbehind said... (3/25/07 11:01 PM) Reply
The fabric is very nice. I bet everyone will be asking her where she got it. Very nice.
illinicrna said... (3/25/07 8:55 PM) Reply
That's a great top. I love the fabric.
jessika said... (3/25/07 8:50 PM) Reply
I hate handsewing too. I think you did a great job and it sounds like your dd is going to be very comfy in it. Thanks for the review.
cindy-lou said... (3/25/07 8:17 PM) Reply
Now, THIS scrub top makes me wish I were still working! I agree that the directions sound dumb. I find that I machine-sew often when it asks me to hand sew-- and I too dont' see the need for a couture scrub top.

Veronica Pocketbook Paper Pattern