Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8260 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:3/25/07 8:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Iris G said... (8/21/08 3:00 AM) Reply
Nikki, I have just bought the pattern and haven't yet made it, but in reading the instructions I felt like you that they are very basic and assume some dressmaking skills. I'm going to try view A in a polished cotton to wear over a dress in the same fabric: I'll review my results. Iris G.
LiZ said... (4/4/07 1:46 PM) Reply
Very stylish jacket, I like the pinstripe fabric.
AnneM said... (4/4/07 1:31 PM) Reply
I don't know, I haven't started making my muslins out of silk yet! :o The longer length does make this a more classic style (with a twist due to the collar). The shoulders actually look a hair wide to me, but it might just be my imagination.
Annette1 said... (3/29/07 0:29 AM) Reply
A very flattering jacket, and I like your longer length. I think it makes it more of a classic. I always look forward to your reviews, as you're on my "favorites" list. Thanks!
TrixieD said... (3/27/07 7:13 PM) Reply
I like the look. I made the same pattern in a different colour and added the flower. But I didn't lengthen the jacket, and now I find it too short. Too bad I didn't read your review before I began.
Hilary said... (3/26/07 1:17 PM) Reply
Very nice looking jacket!! I like the longer length, I don't care the shrunken jacket look either :oP
Sherril Miller said... (3/26/07 12:23 PM) Reply
Very stylish.
nicegirl said... (3/26/07 9:54 AM) Reply
I like that collar--I think it's an interesting shape.
Re Becca said... (3/26/07 9:42 AM) Reply
Love the use of pinstripes! This looks very dapper. The view E collar just looks fussy, but your looks very professional.
carolynw said... (3/26/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket Nikki! Very helpful review - thanks.
fuzzygalore said... (3/26/07 4:14 AM) Reply
I think the view E collar is icky too :-). But this one is -very- sharp... good job!
Patzee said... (3/26/07 2:32 AM) Reply
Nice looking jacket! I particularly like the fabric with the stripes. It really adds to the style. Thanks!
Nancywin said... (3/26/07 1:42 AM) Reply
Love your jacket - it has that cool menswear look that is so in right now. Very nice job.
Deepika said... (3/26/07 0:46 AM) Reply
Oh wow Nikki, that jacket looks sharp. Great review.
AngieC said... (3/26/07 0:11 AM) Reply
Love your jacket! It is too cute!
Soliel said... (3/25/07 10:17 PM) Reply
Adorable! I saw the flower option, that is so cute. Thanks for reviewing this pattern and turning me onto it!

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern