Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 56799-1000 (Basic A-Line Skirt)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
GERMANY
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:3/26/07 6:12 AM
madhatter said... (3/31/07 9:42 AM) Reply
of course you're right, annette. you could also draft a tapered skirt, a straight one or a circle skirt - that completely depends on your needs and wishes. though for a tapered skirt you wouldn't take in 5 cm on each drafted side (a total of 20 cm around) without having a slit somewhere ;)
Annette1 said... (3/29/07 0:25 AM) Reply
Great skirt and a great tutorial, as well. (Love Betty. :o) As I was looking at the two skirt pieces from a bird's eye view, I even think it would be a neat tapered skirt, as opposed to A-line, by just cutting each side right down to the hem, following the other half's overlapping line(if you know what I mean). I know Burda usually tapers their straight skirts slightly, and it makes for a very flattering line. 'Course, I suppose it could get awfully pegged, too. :o) Still, I was intrigued by the shape as I looked at your drawings. Thanks for taking the time to put a great tutorial out there.
madhatter said... (3/27/07 10:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for your kind comments! Helen, you're right - no two skirts are the same. Isn't that wonderful! ;)
Jane S said... (3/27/07 8:43 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt, you lookk terrific and the tutorial is such a great bonus. Thanks!
Helen near Sydney said... (3/27/07 0:21 AM) Reply
Madhatter, I have done the very same thing and this is one of my favourites. Funny thing though, no two skirts are the same!
Dale C said... (3/26/07 4:56 PM) Reply
great tutorial. Those pictures really help. Nice skirt too.
madhatter said... (3/26/07 4:22 PM) Reply
Thanks so much, ladies! I didn't know if the tute would work because I lack many terms... I really appreciate that you took the time to look!
Tany said... (3/26/07 3:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt and I enjoyed reading your tutorial so much! Thank you for a very helpful review!
Gold said... (3/26/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Cute skirt.
LauraTS said... (3/26/07 2:53 PM) Reply
This looks great on you, and I love your shoes. :) *off to read your blog*
Hilary said... (3/26/07 1:50 PM) Reply
Great skirt!! Thank you for the very clear tutorial as well! I bookmarked it for future reference :o)
Debbie Cook said... (3/26/07 9:17 AM) Reply
Great skirt & tutorial. The fabric and fit are perfect! Love your measurements "model."
CarolynGM said... (3/26/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Looks like you achieved a perfect fit with your drafting technique, and the fabric is gorgeous. Your tutorial is very clear and well-written -- I might try it.
Linda G said... (3/26/07 7:19 AM) Reply
Very beautiful. I love the fabric and the fact that you drafted it yourself.
susinok said... (3/26/07 6:35 AM) Reply
Great tutorial! Thank you!

Shwin Designs Desmond Jacket