Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8119 (OOP 1949 Sundress and Bolero)

Reviewed by:contrariwise

About contrariwisestarstar
Member since: 6/17/05
Posted on:3/31/07 4:16 PM
Last Updated:3/31/07 4:16 PM

Anabolina said... (4/17/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Wow, Great job!!! Oh bother, now I want to make something with that neckline too... So many patterns, so little time. Sorry about the wisdom teeth.
AnneM said... (4/11/07 5:08 AM) Reply
It is a cute envelope; neat that they featured grey hair. Very pretty dress, and I love the details. (And everyone will think those scallops are just perfect, don't worry.) My size pattern also - why don't you just send that dress over here? (Except my hips are bigger than yours!) While it will never replace my regular machine, I like having a serger; it is very useful. I'm impressed your grandmother had one.
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 5:42 PM) Reply
Thank you for the great review! Your dress is so cute, especially with those scallops! I was interested in your comment about the serger, too. I don't have a serger and have often wondered if it would be worth having one, when I'd probably only use it to finish seams. I'm starting to think that's what a lot of people use them for, though. Probably a lot quicker (sans the quirks)! :o)
squirrellypoo said... (4/2/07 8:17 AM) Reply
That's lovely and the perfect example of a vintage dress that really fits in right now! I love the scalloped pockets - what a great detail!
slanden99 said... (4/1/07 11:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
Jane S said... (4/1/07 7:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress on you, the scallops look wonderful. Bravo!
Schnauzer said... (3/31/07 8:48 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress-I love the color and style!
CarolynGM said... (3/31/07 7:06 PM) Reply
Just perfect for your figure. The color is good on you too. Now I want some scallops on something too!
Carol Wisman said... (3/31/07 6:07 PM) Reply
Oh I just LOVE IT! Very nice work!
ladybegood said... (3/31/07 5:45 PM) Reply
I'm a sucker for scallops. Good job adding that detail. The dress is very flattering.
Reggies Mom said... (3/31/07 5:02 PM) Reply
The scallops really make the dress - as does the perfect fit. (Love your wall art, too!)
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/31/07 4:22 PM) Reply
Just darling. Love the scalloping, looks perfect.

by: dmsmith05