Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2882 (Tom & Linda Platt)

Reviewed by:jocelynaus

About jocelynausstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 3/9/07
Posted on:3/31/07 10:13 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Nancy K said... (11/24/07 2:35 PM) Reply
I just reviewed the other top in this pattern and I couldn't figure out why they would put a zipper in these knit tops so I left it off. I agree with you about the over engineering of these tops. Yours looks quite lovely and I want to sew the skirt too as yours looks terrific. Flattering drape.
AnneM said... (4/11/07 4:50 AM) Reply
Sometimes I wonder why they suggest zippers with knit garments. Great looking outfit (love that striped top). What a great skirt design as well.
cindy-lou said... (4/2/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Great top! I will seek this pattern out-- I have stashed fabric in mind for it. Thanks for the great review!
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 3:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very detailed review. I love your outfit -- better than the pictures on the pattern itself. :o)
Ciclista said... (4/1/07 2:43 PM) Reply
What a great outfit! Loved your choice of stripe for the top.
Linda G said... (4/1/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Looks very nice and a pattern that will get losts of use the way it sounds.
jocelynaus said... (4/1/07 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone, I am really pleased with it too! Huldra, the pattern calls for jersey, or specifically I think it should strech from 13cm to 17cm. The first time I made it I did install the zip, but only used it to get it on/off the dress form, not me. That fabric's stretch was a little shy of the recommended. I wore that one to the Opera house. The version pictured was for a picnic in the park and had the right stretch though. Why not have a go, but only tack the center back seam?
Seamingly Simple said... (4/1/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing ways of improving the pattern. I can't see why this top would need a zipper. Eliminating facings saves time and fabric: well done!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (4/1/07 8:11 AM) Reply
Charming. Beautiful marriage of fabric and design.
Huldra said... (4/1/07 4:21 AM) Reply
I'm planning on making this top soon, so your review is really helpful. I have a question though. Does your fabric have more stretch than the fabrics the top is designed for? I would be really nervous omitting the zipper if I didn't know I could get it on afterwards. Maybe I will try the version with a zipper first, just in case... :) I think your version sounds like it would be less dressy, which is a positive thing!
KathleenS said... (3/31/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This will be very helpful to anyone wanting to make that top. I can't believe it has a zip! :)
sherain said... (3/31/07 10:36 PM) Reply
Good job! Nice outfit!

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

StyleArc Twiggy Dress