Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2882 (Tom & Linda Platt)

Reviewed by:jocelynaus

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Nancy K said... (11/24/07 2:35 PM) Reply
I just reviewed the other top in this pattern and I couldn't figure out why they would put a zipper in these knit tops so I left it off. I agree with you about the over engineering of these tops. Yours looks quite lovely and I want to sew the skirt too as yours looks terrific. Flattering drape.
AnneM said... (4/11/07 4:50 AM) Reply
Sometimes I wonder why they suggest zippers with knit garments. Great looking outfit (love that striped top). What a great skirt design as well.
cindy-lou said... (4/2/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Great top! I will seek this pattern out-- I have stashed fabric in mind for it. Thanks for the great review!
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 3:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very detailed review. I love your outfit -- better than the pictures on the pattern itself. :o)
Ciclista said... (4/1/07 2:43 PM) Reply
What a great outfit! Loved your choice of stripe for the top.
Linda G said... (4/1/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Looks very nice and a pattern that will get losts of use the way it sounds.
jocelynaus said... (4/1/07 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone, I am really pleased with it too! Huldra, the pattern calls for jersey, or specifically I think it should strech from 13cm to 17cm. The first time I made it I did install the zip, but only used it to get it on/off the dress form, not me. That fabric's stretch was a little shy of the recommended. I wore that one to the Opera house. The version pictured was for a picnic in the park and had the right stretch though. Why not have a go, but only tack the center back seam?
Seamingly Simple said... (4/1/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing ways of improving the pattern. I can't see why this top would need a zipper. Eliminating facings saves time and fabric: well done!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (4/1/07 8:11 AM) Reply
Charming. Beautiful marriage of fabric and design.
Huldra said... (4/1/07 4:21 AM) Reply
I'm planning on making this top soon, so your review is really helpful. I have a question though. Does your fabric have more stretch than the fabrics the top is designed for? I would be really nervous omitting the zipper if I didn't know I could get it on afterwards. Maybe I will try the version with a zipper first, just in case... :) I think your version sounds like it would be less dressy, which is a positive thing!
KathleenS said... (3/31/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This will be very helpful to anyone wanting to make that top. I can't believe it has a zip! :)
sherain said... (3/31/07 10:36 PM) Reply