J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Other> FC 2411 (The XBag)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:4/1/07 7:53 PM
Last Updated:4/1/07 8:15 PM

angelbug56 said... (5/17/07 1:09 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern for $1.98 on a clearance rack. I am hoping that with these modifications it will be a great project. Thanks!!!
Celeste said... (4/2/07 3:10 PM) Reply
Oh yes--you can also use these sock cuffs as ankle and wrist cuffs on kid's pajamas==so comfy.
Celeste said... (4/2/07 3:08 PM) Reply
I did this bag as a gift and used a light blue denim with a blue paisley outline print all over for the bag outside, all around and inside a wild colorful Laurel Birch cat print. Then used a bias maker to make my own strips out of a striped Laurel Birch print. The next one is going to be for me!! I didn't add any inside pockets to the bag I made like this since it was a gift and I was in a hurry to get it done on time. But on other bags I have made for myself I make a simple cell phone pocket inside the purse by cutting off the cuff of a child's sock, serging the bottom end of the tube, and handstitching this to the inside of the purse where I want the cellphone to be. The tube of the sock cuff is sewn vertically of course onto the purse lining so you can just drop in your phone and the small but stretchy sock cuff holds the phone quite nicely.
Hilary said... (4/2/07 8:14 AM) Reply
I love your bag! The fabrics you chose are so pretty, and obviously with all your work it will hold up very well.
Rustybobn said... (4/2/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Cute bag. Thanks for the details on your modifications.
So So said... (4/2/07 3:25 AM) Reply
Love this bag ! Would make an ideal Casual holiday wardrobe SWAP bag. I think i wil try to do one before my holiday! You h ave made a beautiful job on this project!
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 2:09 AM) Reply
What a fantastic job you've done on this bag! I love your fabric choices, first of all, and that button is just right. The double welt pocket is very classy, and I'm really happy to learn about that double welt pocket maker! Great review.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/2/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Cute bag and unusual, too. Love it
jessika said... (4/1/07 10:59 PM) Reply
That is one nice bag. I like the x look.
Frogstitcher said... (4/1/07 10:22 PM) Reply
This is a very detailed review. Your effective modifications and the interfacing recommendations make sense. The fabric choices are so delightful together making your bag a charming addition to your summer wardrobe.
illinicrna said... (4/1/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Nice job on the bag! What a unique and well sewn project.
Nancywin said... (4/1/07 8:45 PM) Reply
It looks absolutely great! I love creative handbags, and all of the modifications you did will make you love it even more.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS