Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2007-121 (Knotted Front Knit Top)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

About MelissaB in WAstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 3/18/04
Posted on:4/2/07 9:22 AM
Last Updated:4/2/07 9:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
MelissaB in WA said... (4/5/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Patty, the hole is still there, but I tied the knot so tight that you can't see it. I think that is just the way it fits women with a smaller bust (I had to tie it tighter to keep it close to my chest). Larger chested women might find that the hole shows, but I don't know for sure. I hope that explaination makes sense. :-)
ChristineX said... (4/4/07 2:16 PM) Reply
Yes thank you for the review! I loved the pattern the second I saw it and it is on my list of things to make. It looks fantastic!
PattyU said... (4/4/07 11:19 AM) Reply
I love your top. It looks great. I don't see the hole that is under the knot on both of the model's tops in the magazine. Did you do anything to avoid this? The hole that shows skin BELOW the knot is the main concern I have with this pattern. Great tip about doubling the front.
martinanne said... (4/3/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Wonderful top! You look fab in black, Melissa!
Jane S said... (4/3/07 7:15 AM) Reply
This is wonderful on you. It will definitely be a winner. Thanks for the suggestion about doubling the frint. The first twist top made me subscribe to BWOF now I'm glad not to miss an issue and have this one ready to make.
Tany said... (4/2/07 6:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
MeganJ said... (4/2/07 4:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I love this top! It looks great on you, too!
Mufffet said... (4/2/07 1:49 PM) Reply
Oh so cute! Looks really nice.
ribbit2jen said... (4/2/07 12:56 PM) Reply
Too cute! It is on my list and I've been hoping for someone to review it :)
slanden99 said... (4/2/07 11:26 AM) Reply
Cute top! Love the design
breathless said... (4/2/07 10:49 AM) Reply
I love your top! It's going on my list too!
Lynngray said... (4/2/07 10:41 AM) Reply
Great top. Thanks for the review.
cindy-lou said... (4/2/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Melissa, you've done it again. Fabulous top! Maybe I need to try out Burda.
Leslie in Austin said... (4/2/07 10:19 AM) Reply
What a great top, Melissa!
Levone said... (4/2/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Great looking top! I think I will put this on my LONG list of items to make from the magazine.
Nancywin said... (4/2/07 9:26 AM) Reply
Wat a great looking top on you! I will have to try this one. Also, thanks for the lining/facing tip. I will keep that in mind
pterion said... (4/2/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Very flattering, Melissa! I may have to go get this issue...
MelissaB in WA said... (4/2/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for your sweet comments ladies! And yes, it's the March issue, that is what I get for doing a review late at night, apparently I can't type! LOL All fixed so others can find it later - thanks for pointing that out!
Seamingly Simple said... (4/2/07 8:30 AM) Reply
It does look just like the appealing top in the magazine (as Debbie noted, it's 03-2007-121B from the March issue). I was hoping someone would review it. Thanks for sharing your happy sewing experience.
quilter55 said... (4/2/07 7:56 AM) Reply
Looks like you got a perfect fit with this top. Thanks for the great review.
F and L said... (4/2/07 7:31 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I've been eyeing making that one too, and your review about the upper part of the bodice and the ties is really helpful.
F and L said... (4/2/07 7:31 AM) Reply
Debbie Cook said... (4/2/07 7:01 AM) Reply
Very cute Melissa! You look good in black. If you didn't want to face the whole upper bodice (good idea BTW), you could just face the end of the ties so the wrong side doesn't show. BTW, this top is really in the March 07 issue -- I went looking for the line drawing.
Lunar_C said... (4/2/07 4:59 AM) Reply
Fab top, yes flattering indeed. I just love a new knit top with fun features. Thanks for your review. Still waiting for my issue : (
Sigrid. said... (4/2/07 2:20 AM) Reply
Lovely top. Looks great on you. Since I received this issue, I wanted to make it, but have not done so yet. Now I'm happy I have read your review first, so that I can make the upper front double! I also didn't think about that, but had my doubts about the hemming.
Sew4Fun said... (4/2/07 2:02 AM) Reply
Flattering top. I like your idea of making the upper front double.
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 1:36 AM) Reply
Love it! I also like your idea of making the front double. I would have never thought of that. :o)
Tez said... (4/2/07 1:12 AM) Reply
Great top! I think you're right - it's destined to be a classic.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109