Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2006-115 (Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:Nancy K

About Nancy Kstarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 12/28/04
Posted on:4/4/07 7:56 AM
Last Updated:4/4/07 8:00 AM

sarahb said... (4/5/07 11:11 AM) Reply
Great dress--one question: do you spray the perfect sew onto the seams? I can't picture it. And I love the tip about the Design Plus ultra soft--i thought it was just my inexperience when I would struggle with the curl in hemming knits...
Jane S said... (4/5/07 8:26 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in this dress. Thanks for the inspiration and helpful review.
Danvillegirl said... (4/5/07 5:32 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! Thanks for tip on Perfect Sew also. I had not thought about using it for sewing only embroiderying and decorative stitching.
daff said... (4/4/07 1:40 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! Exactly what a wrap dress should be. Thanks for your tips & review!
Hilary said... (4/4/07 10:12 AM) Reply
Your dress looks fabulous on you! I can see why your DH likes it-very pretty!
Marji said... (4/4/07 9:58 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. This pattern is available from Burda as a premium download, and i've been looking at it. Nice to see it made up. Think I'll order it. The dress is lovely, the tips are great. Love the color and fabric too ;)
Levone said... (4/4/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Nancy K said... (4/4/07 9:51 AM) Reply
I bought this from Palmer Pletsch, but I think that it is also availabel from Nancy's Notions. I think that it is because it is a thin jersey and they tend to curl to the right side. I have had this happen with cotton and lycra jersey too. This is the perfect way to deal with it. The double sided tape is from the sewing place. Terrific stuff.
Soliel said... (4/4/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Great basic, yet very flattering dress!
debra lee said... (4/4/07 8:48 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and informative review. Since I never used jersey your input is very helpful. Do you think the jersey's finikyness is because it is a synthetic or would cotton react the same way? And I never heard of Perfect Sew, where did you find it? Thanks for the review.

Australian Smocking & Embroidery Magazine 81-2000-ASandE

by: Ejegmama

Simplicity Sew U skirt

by: lsaspacey

Victory Roxanne Paper Pattern

Victory Roxanne Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)